Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man... It's fun talking to Anti's....

State Researcher

Post imported post

Feel free to join in -- I'm getting a headache...

http://www.talkdelaware.com/f25/do-y...ep-7304-9.html

Banned

Post imported post

that forum looks like a huge cluster ****. i would die from hypertension reading anything more than that thread

Post imported post

Only up to page 4, but it looked ok up to there.....I assume all the antis called each other on the phone to mob your thread..... :quirky

State Researcher

Post imported post

The last three or four pages get a little ominous -- mostly fueled by anti's but there are some reasonable folks in the group it appears...

Post imported post

Wynder wrote:
    The last three or four pages get a little ominous -- mostly fueled by anti's but there are some reasonable folks in the group it appears...
    That "Jessica" and "SCRAPPY" users just sound like typical left wingers......they might be more at home in California........

"OMG you are crazy and you're gonna kill evvvverryyyonnee!!!" :what:

State Researcher

Post imported post

Jessica's "rank" below her forum name is "Left of Left" -- that about sums it up.

Post imported post

Man, I'd love to join in, but I try not to join forums just for temporary sniping...

Keep up the good work over there, though

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

Just look at the numbers. 23 against, 6 who carry, and 14 who could take either side but I'm betting will side with the majority.

I wouldn't get in on that because it seems futile... arguing with the majority doesn't work so well. Let them come here and attack, and we'll see how far they get... they'll echo my sentiments, I'm sure!:celebrate

Good luck with the struggle to make these antis comprehend! I'll be right behind you.... from a safe distance! :P

Post imported post

Orygunner wrote:
    Man, I'd love to join in, but I try not to join forums just for temporary sniping...

...Orygunner...
    +1
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

This could be interesting.

I couldn't figure out what the forum was about, or why it existed. Why would someone create a forum for anyone on any subject?

The next question that came to mind, who are the audience.

If there are general public on the forum, then you almost wouldn't have to argue with the anti's. Why care what they think? And don't waste time trying to change their minds.

Just focus on the undecided.

But why and what would one say?

Perhaps, rather than argue or counterthe anti's, just hit several key points. Hit the self-defense angle. Toss in some facts. "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." That sort of thing.

"People are basically good,just because they're strangers doesn't change the likelihood that if you got to know them you would like them."

"Would you personally just start shooting up a shopping mall? No? Neither would almost anyone else."

Etc.

You know, we wouldn't go wrong to spend a little time figuring out how to maximize an opportunity like this. What really is the best approach?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Citizen,

You have to realize that Delaware is the second smallest state in the union, second to Rhode Island...

We're a small and very narrow state.

Therefore, you wind up realizing that you have friends in common or people you meet wind up working in the same town or right up the road for you. It's a general hang out for social folks.

With the people in Delaware Open Carry, one guy happens to work closely with a guy I used to great friends with. Another new member works 5 minutes from my house. One lives down the street from where I used to go to school... It's just one of those states -- don't know if that's common anywhere else.

But thanks for the tips, I've been trying to pull some information like that into the conversation. We'll see how it goes.

Post imported post

Wow Wynder, you're doing a great job over there

I'd recommend to KittyKat that although any gun is better than no gun at all, she should considergetting something bigger than a .22 for self defense.

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

wynder, excellent posts over there, and your reply to the person who only wanted the police and military to own guns was just terrific. hope you don't mind if I borrow it some time.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Not at all..

It came from a Jewish organization -- I forget which one, though. Information is public domain.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Wynder wrote:
    Feel free to join in -- I'm getting a headache...
    I get a headache reading fence-sitters here on OCDO. You are a champion. I pray that you aren't sweeping at the tide.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'm holding up, Doug -- thanks for the vote of confidence.

The topic has been quiet for a day, we'll see if it gets resurrected, heh!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Left of left posters are all talk and no listen. Emotionalism is their game - logic, truth and facts do not compute.

Good luck - I hope you are having fun and can make some headway.

As for me, I'll stick to dealing with one or two at a time.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

You may find it amusing talking to antis/libs on the web but in real life it's as disgusting as stepping in *******. For the last 12 years I lived in Commiefornia at least half of my neighbors were libs and there was ever a waste of oxygen they're it.

Plus, the antis/libs are always bleating about how violent gun owners are but they're the ones who get in your face if you disagree with them.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

"Talking to antis is fun"

To paraphrase Arthur Dent....

"You must be using the word "fun" in a way I've never heard before." :quirky
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    "Talking to antis is fun"

To paraphrase Arthur Dent....

"You must be using the word "fun" in a way I've never heard before." :quirky
    Self-inflicted pain but somebody's got to do it.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

It was a interesting read I loved the one about style="font-family: Veranda;"Major General Peter Cosgrove he is a great Australian you should have seen the interviews he gave when the Aussie armed forces went tinto Temor.
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Orygunner wrote:

...Orygunner...
    +1
    +2

Then again, at a quick glance, some of those people are beyond rational thought, so I don't know if I would have even bothered. Like a week ago when I was having breakfast at 5AM at my local Waffle House, and after he finished boasting of brandishing an Airsoft gun in a road rage incident, some guy made the comment "Real men don't need to carry a gun"... I just shook my head and finished my grits, regretting that I hadn't had a full cup of coffee in me by that point.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    SNIP I just shook my head and finished my grits, regretting that I hadn't had a full cup of coffee in me by that point.
    They have grits in PA!?!?!

I may have to visit more often.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Got em in Delaware... AND Scrapple.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    imperialism2024 wrote:
    SNIP I just shook my head and finished my grits, regretting that I hadn't had a full cup of coffee in me by that point.
    They have grits in PA!?!?!

I may have to visit more often.
    But no sweet tea! I tried for 6 days to buy a glass of good tea and all I got was a tumbler full of brown, weak, bitter liquid and a finger pointed at sugar packets. Any good ol' southern boy knows that most of the sugar put into cold tea will just lay at the bottom of the glass.

Yata hey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast