• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man... It's fun talking to Anti's....

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

The last three or four pages get a little ominous -- mostly fueled by anti's but there are some reasonable folks in the group it appears...

compmanio365

imported post

Wynder wrote:
The last three or four pages get a little ominous -- mostly fueled by anti's but there are some reasonable folks in the group it appears...

That "Jessica" and "SCRAPPY" users just sound like typical left wingers......they might be more at home in California........:uhoh:

"OMG you are crazy and you're gonna kill evvvverryyyonnee!!!" :what:

Pegasus

imported post

Just look at the numbers. 23 against, 6 who carry, and 14 who could take either side but I'm betting will side with the majority.

I wouldn't get in on that because it seems futile... arguing with the majority doesn't work so well. Let them come here and attack, and we'll see how far they get... they'll echo my sentiments, I'm sure!:celebrate

Good luck with the struggle to make these antis comprehend! I'll be right behind you.... from a safe distance! :p

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This could be interesting.

I couldn't figure out what the forum was about, or why it existed. Why would someone create a forum for anyone on any subject?

The next question that came to mind, who are the audience.

If there are general public on the forum, then you almost wouldn't have to argue with the anti's. Why care what they think? And don't waste time trying to change their minds.

Just focus on the undecided.

But why and what would one say?

Perhaps, rather than argue or counterthe anti's, just hit several key points. Hit the self-defense angle. Toss in some facts. "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." That sort of thing.

"People are basically good,just because they're strangers doesn't change the likelihood that if you got to know them you would like them."

"Would you personally just start shooting up a shopping mall? No? Neither would almost anyone else."

Etc.

You know, we wouldn't go wrong to spend a little time figuring out how to maximize an opportunity like this. What really is the best approach?

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen,

You have to realize that Delaware is the second smallest state in the union, second to Rhode Island...

We're a small and very narrow state.

Therefore, you wind up realizing that you have friends in common or people you meet wind up working in the same town or right up the road for you. It's a general hang out for social folks.

With the people in Delaware Open Carry, one guy happens to work closely with a guy I used to great friends with. Another new member works 5 minutes from my house. One lives down the street from where I used to go to school... It's just one of those states -- don't know if that's common anywhere else.

But thanks for the tips, I've been trying to pull some information like that into the conversation. We'll see how it goes.

Orygunner

imported post

Wow Wynder, you're doing a great job over there :)

I'd recommend to KittyKat that although any gun is better than no gun at all, she should considergetting something bigger than a .22 for self defense. :)

...Orygunner...

unreconstructed1

imported post

wynder, excellent posts over there, and your reply to the person who only wanted the police and military to own guns was just terrific. hope you don't mind if I borrow it some time.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

I'm holding up, Doug -- thanks for the vote of confidence.

The topic has been quiet for a day, we'll see if it gets resurrected, heh!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Left of left posters are all talk and no listen. Emotionalism is their game - logic, truth and facts do not compute.

Good luck - I hope you are having fun and can make some headway.

As for me, I'll stick to dealing with one or two at a time.

Yata hey

Huck

imported post

You may find it amusing talking to antis/libs on the web but in real life it's as disgusting as stepping in dogshit. For the last 12 years I lived in Commiefornia at least half of my neighbors were libs and there was ever a waste of oxygen they're it.

Plus, the antis/libs are always bleating about how violent gun owners are but they're the ones who get in your face if you disagree with them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

AbNo wrote:
"Talking to antis is fun"

To paraphrase Arthur Dent....

"You must be using the word "fun" in a way I've never heard before." :quirky
Self-inflicted pain but somebody's got to do it.:)

Yata hey