• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man... It's fun talking to Anti's....

RogueWarrior

imported post

It was a interesting read I loved the one about style="font-family: Veranda;"Major General Peter Cosgrove he is a great Australian you should have seen the interviews he gave when the Aussie armed forces went tinto Temor.

imperialism2024

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Orygunner wrote:
Man, I'd love to join in, but I try not to join forums just for temporary sniping...

Keep up the good work over there, though ;)

...Orygunner...
+1
+2

Then again, at a quick glance, some of those people are beyond rational thought, so I don't know if I would have even bothered. Like a week ago when I was having breakfast at 5AM at my local Waffle House, and after he finished boasting of brandishing an Airsoft gun in a road rage incident, some guy made the comment "Real men don't need to carry a gun"... I just shook my head and finished my grits, regretting that I hadn't had a full cup of coffee in me by that point.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
SNIP I just shook my head and finished my grits, regretting that I hadn't had a full cup of coffee in me by that point.

They have grits in PA!?!?!

I may have to visit more often. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
SNIP I just shook my head and finished my grits, regretting that I hadn't had a full cup of coffee in me by that point.

They have grits in PA!?!?!

I may have to visit more often. :)
But no sweet tea! I tried for 6 days to buy a glass of good tea and all I got was a tumbler full of brown, weak, bitter liquid and a finger pointed at sugar packets. Any good ol' southern boy knows that most of the sugar put into cold tea will just lay at the bottom of the glass.:cry:

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

MBOT (meanwhile back on thread)

A semi-anti - a very good friend that would never carry much less own a gun but accepts my doing so, is employed by a major southern university - observed the Crimson Trace laser grips on my 1911 and asked what they were. I gave him a demonstration of how this laser sight worked by pointing it at the opposite dining room wall and activating it.

His response nearly floored me with its total lack of understanding or comprehension, "Neat. You shine the light on what you want to shoot then aim for it (the red dot)! :what: Even after expaining that the sights/dot could be adjusted to match the point of impact, he only grasped the concept slightly :idea:
and changed the subject.

The possibly insurmountable problem with which we are dealing is that some people see the gun as dangerous therefore bad and the person with a gun is hence by association bad. In this case, since I am a friend and a good person I have countered
somewhat the blind quantum leap that all guns are bad. He actually agrees that only a citizen with a weapon might have stopped the Virginia Tech carnage.......but kids with guns...I don't know.....

Yata hey

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
He actually agrees that only a citizen with a weapon might have stopped the Virginia Tech carnage.......but kids with guns...I don't know.....

Yata hey
... Kids? Most people at a university are young, but they are not children. Some people that go to Universities are even in their sixties!

Phssthpok

imported post

Wynder wrote:
Got em in Delaware... AND Scrapple. :)

MMmmm.....SCRAPPLE!

beer007.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
He actually agrees that only a citizen with a weapon might have stopped the Virginia Tech carnage.......but kids with guns...I don't know.....

Yata hey
... Kids? Most people at a university are young, but they are not children. Some people that go to Universities are even in their sixties!
Yes I know but my friend still reverts to form sometimes. Those were his words, not mine but I didn't make that so clear.

No "kids" running around campus brandishing and drinking as the ASD (
anti self defense) crowd likes to imply. All legally qualified persons would be over 18 and all CCers would be over 21 - many are veterans, parents and even grandparents!

So what is the problem Mr. & Mrs. ASD? Do we really depart from being safe, good citizens when we place one foot on the campus grass? :banghead:

The expression "If it only save one" (yet at the expense of many) has been worn out and leaves many people sick at the tricky but empty, hollow words that will always echo in the halls of VT for me! I shall always place the blame for such tragedies directly at the feet of those that have disarmed students and staff.

Yata hey