• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Launches Texas Billboard Fundraiser

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Curries103 wrote:
$10 more for the effort! Hopefully we can get a sign in Florida soon!
yes! I was going to mention that the publicity from the Texas billboard will spill over into the efforts in FL, SC, and OK - so please do contribute. Once we reach the $2,500, we are going to launch the next wave of publicity on the open carry movement, which even the larger gun groups are starting to recognize as a new powerful engine fueling the gun rights revolution.

NayKid

imported post

Let me check my finances and I will donate what I can. I'm currently between jobs (last day of work was today, start a new job on the 21st), but I have cash saved up, just not sure I'm willing to separate with. It will be at least $25, hopefully more.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Thank you all so much!

I have updated the total as of this morning and with the matching donation, we are at $1,640!!!

I am working to update the status of everyone who has donated. Some of you have different email addresses for Paypal than you do for OCDO and I have sent you emails so that I can match the donation to the username.

As Mike said, I am in Minneapolis now getting ready for law school to start this fall so I appreciate your patience.

PS. Those who have already donated to the support of the board will also be recognized as soon as I have the time to go back and pull the records.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sent my contribution from the Commonwealth of Virginia. Texas folks have the "right stuff" and need open carry to make their life easier. I'm salting away the pennies for the next campaign - FL, SC, OK, wherever.

stay safe.

skidmark

RichardR

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Donated today. Can't wait to see that billboard. I may have to make a trip to Austin just for the viewing.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

rodbender

imported post

RichardR wrote:
Donated today. Can't wait to see that billboard. I may have to make a trip to Austin just for the viewing.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
I'll find it and post a picture. Just need to know when it's up and general vacinity.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

my1969v8 wrote:
From the state of Mass.$25 has been added. The anti's have their own huge sign along Fenway Park.

Axctually, with our matching donor, $50 has been added. Thanks!

As soon as John updates where we are, I may be able to soon sign a contract to get this show on the road . . . literally!

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Its kind of neat to be able to seed things around the country, even if it takes 30 years for it to do any good in Illinois.. :)

Those of youthat frequentother2A relatedforums might want to post a link to this thread in those forums. Even if it does not generate any money, it might give people an idea.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Donation sent tonight. Daughter is in Austin, so I have to watch out for the Texans.

jarodm20

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I wish I was already through with college and had a higher paying job. I'd donate the $5000 myself if I could. For now, I hope my $10 will help.

The aware people of Texas want this. 20,676 signatures and counting!!!!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

jarodm20 wrote:
I wish I was already through with college and had a higher paying job. I'd donate the $5000 myself if I could. For now, I hope my $10 will help.

The aware people of Texas want this. 20,676 signatures and counting!!!!
That's what we are talking about - $10 or more from as many people possible - there are 8,000 people on this forum, and more lurking - BTW, even some of the lurkers have contributed money :cool: