• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'open carry' surges as Internet search term and news item!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Looks like the Open Carry movement now has some legs!

Google Trends - DATE: July 11, 2007

dot1.gif
[size=-1]open carry[/size]

viz

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

That's relaly interesting. I remember that little jump in '07. That was shortly after I jumped on board.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DreQo wrote:
That's relaly interesting. I remember that little jump in '07. That was shortly after I jumped on board.

Sorry, DreQo. The '07 blip was the Danbus-Szymecki-Norfolk City Council effect. :cool:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
DreQo wrote:

Sorry, DreQo. The '07 blip was the Danbus-Szymecki-Norfolk City Council effect. :cool:
Haha no I didn't mean it was MY doing. I found this website at the beginning of '07. I was just saying I remember the first jump in traffic. :p I'm not that cocky!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I get google news alerts for the phrase 'open carry' among other gun related ones. I've been getting about 1 news story a day lately about it.

beradcee

imported post

I think i joined right around that spike in 07 also. That's about the time I got my first handgun and started thinking about carrying. My first daughter was also born a little while before that. Coincidence???