Thread: trying oc tomarrow

Post imported post

So my buddy and i have reviewed rcw and have copys of them about oc and i tried to contact chelan county sheriff anyone know if they have training bullitens? So we shall see how it goes hope i dont have to have a bad first encounter any suggestions if stoped by leo would be great!

Post imported post

I have been OC'ing the past two days. I have had no problems. Yesterday I started out at the court house (gun checked in before entering) then went to car toys. I can't remember if they are on the DNP list. then ended at renton western wear. Not even a single look. Today went to baby's r us then to cash and carry. Other then a guy getting right behind me at the cash and carry and I mean right behind me. He could have reached and grabbed the gun if I was not paying attention but I was. So far it has been easier than I thought. JUST MAKE SURE you are aware of your surroundings.

Post imported post

When someone gets close enough to me that I feel uncomfortable about their proximity to my firearm and I can't do anything about it (being in a line), I usually place my arm firmly against my holster to my side or I rest my elbow on the top of the pistol so that there's no way to pull it up and out without dislocating my shoulder.

I haven't heard anything about Chelan county, but I'm willing to bet they're good-to-go.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I left that part out. I placed my arm against it. So no one could grab it.

Post imported post

Good situational awareness there, dlnwoody!
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
    I left that part out. I placed my are against it. So no one could grab it.
    +1. I was standing in line at Ferndale Haggen today picking up a prescription and there were people right behind me. I hooked my thumb into the pocket of my jeans and that put my palm right on the butt of the pistol without it looking like I was grabbing the gun.

Post imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
    I left that part out. I placed my are against it. So no one could grab it.
    You carry an AR with you or you mean your arse against it? I would think the AR would draw more attention.

Post imported post

I had a typing error. I edited the reply to say arm. I agree with you about the AR.

Post imported post

I usually stand in such a way that my left side is presented to the person behind me as much as possible .

Post imported post

I would of had my week side to him but couldn't. I was looking on the shelf for an item when he approached from my strong side. As soon as I saw him my arm went strait down to cover my gun. I have been given some great training by some LEO friends and people on this site about situational awareness. Thanks to everyone.