• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

trying oc tomarrow

thefirefighter

imported post

So my buddy and i have reviewed rcw and have copys of them about oc and i tried to contact chelan county sheriff anyone know if they have training bullitens? So we shall see how it goes hope i dont have to have a bad first encounter any suggestions if stoped by leo would be great!

dlnwoody

imported post

I have been OC'ing the past two days. I have had no problems. Yesterday I started out at the court house (gun checked in before entering) then went to car toys. I can't remember if they are on the DNP list. then ended at renton western wear. Not even a single look. Today went to baby's r us then to cash and carry. Other then a guy getting right behind me at the cash and carry and I mean right behind me. He could have reached and grabbed the gun if I was not paying attention but I was. So far it has been easier than I thought. JUST MAKE SURE you are aware of your surroundings.

just_a_car

imported post

When someone gets close enough to me that I feel uncomfortable about their proximity to my firearm and I can't do anything about it (being in a line), I usually place my arm firmly against my holster to my side or I rest my elbow on the top of the pistol so that there's no way to pull it up and out without dislocating my shoulder.

I haven't heard anything about Chelan county, but I'm willing to bet they're good-to-go.

heresolong

imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
I left that part out. I placed my are against it. So no one could grab it.
+1. I was standing in line at Ferndale Haggen today picking up a prescription and there were people right behind me. I hooked my thumb into the pocket of my jeans and that put my palm right on the butt of the pistol without it looking like I was grabbing the gun.

dlnwoody

imported post

I would of had my week side to him but couldn't. I was looking on the shelf for an item when he approached from my strong side. As soon as I saw him my arm went strait down to cover my gun. I have been given some great training by some LEO friends and people on this site about situational awareness. Thanks to everyone.