• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ever have an OC issue with IHOP?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

lima I apologize for the way I worded my response earlier. I don't recall if I've OC'ed in Bob Evans or not (I probably have) although I've always had my firearm with me when there, so my intent wasn't necessarily to comment on how the restaurant acts in response to OC. I was only commenting on the general friendliness and welcome feeling I've had when visiting the local one. I grew up with good memories Bob's, so I compare places like IHOP and such to my experiences with Bob's and don't know that I've ever found a friendlier more welcoming chain in general.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bundabar wrote:
http://www.kctv5.com/news/16874044/detail.html

I saw this story and immediately thought about this post. The story doesn't give many details but it stands to show that you never know when you may need your gun.

I'd rather carry a gun and never need it than not carry and need it only once.
That story reeks of gang activity and is likely a situation an OCer wouldn't touch or go near with a 72 3/4 foot pole. Not saying I wouldn't like to be armed in case I accidently got caught in the cross-fire, just suggesting that I wouldn't use that story to try to change the minds of any anti's or fence-sitters.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

From what I remember is that IHOP is VERY gunfriendly. Contact Corp and the Waitress will be waiting somewhere else oooor just be treating you VERY well next time you are at IHOP.

TJ