• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ever have an OC issue with IHOP?

lima

imported post

Tonight my husband and I were chit-chatting and, as usual, when we get to serious chatting we sometimes like to go out and do so over coffee and pie.

Hubby recommended IHOP.

Since it's become VERY uncomfortable to conceal due to the BIG baby belly and my husband didn't feel like getting all concealed up just for pie and coffee we OC'd it.

We walked into IHOP at around 8:30 - 9:00 and the place was pretty well deserted. We walked past two employees, sitting in the waiting area just talking and one of them got up and asked to seat us. While she was getting the menus the other one stood up and, addressing my husband, said, "Sir, I'm sorry. I understand you have the right to carry but would you mind taking your gun out and putting it in the car?"

My husband said, "No, we'll just leave." And leave we did. We went to Applebees instead where they don't have nearly the selection of pie, but oh well.

Anyone else been asked to leave or not to carry in IHOP or is this a new thing?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I OC at every IHOP in and around Fairfax. No biggie. Call the manager and complain.

Edit: In fact, I tend to get quite a lot of attention from some of the female employees at a certain IHOP, one of whom is a manager. I can't imagine being told to leave at that IHOP. :shock:

vrwmiller

imported post

I have OC'd at IHOP on countless numbers of occasions in/around Prince William, Fairfax, and Loudon counties all the time. I have never once had a problem at any of them.

In fact, after the Manassas City Council meetings after the Tony's 7 incident, a large number of those in attendance at both meetings went to the IHOP on 28 in Manassas City. We were welcomed as any other customer is welcomed.

WhatTimeIsIt?

imported post

I have OC'd a few times at IHOPs around Chesapeake and Norfolk without any issues.

caltain

imported post

The Stirling IHOP has a pair of FFAX PD guys working security at night that will ask you to CC or leave it in the car, or at least they did ask me on one occasion. Said the manager told them to. I left and called the manager. Once I told him who I was, he said "hey, you been coming here since we opened! You're fine."

That location has had a number of problems in the 2-4am frame with young folks getting into fights and general rowdiness. I still go in at all hours and OC though. Night managers have a hard job and they get pretty jumpy because of the kids, drunks, vagrants, etc. Just play nice and let the owner or GM nudge them into line.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have OCd @ the IHOP on 610 in Stafford with no problems.

(But with the prices for the service and the food you get I can understand them wanting to be a GFZ. Not much different than any other Criminal....)

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

lima I've not ever been to this IHOP here in town (Lynchburg), but the only place I've run into any issues was at the Buffalo Wild Wings (which I still need to call about). Please let us know what becomes of the situation because I might like to head in there sometime for breakfast. At least Bob Evan's is pretty friendly.

lima

imported post

jmelvin wrote:
lima I've not ever been to this IHOP here in town (Lynchburg), but the only place I've run into any issues was at the Buffalo Wild Wings (which I still need to call about). Please let us know what becomes of the situation because I might like to head in there sometime for breakfast. At least Bob Evan's is pretty friendly.
Good to know that Bob Evans is more friendly to OC than IHOP. They have good desserts for those late-night deep discussion runs too.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've OCd at the Lynchburg Ihop twice and had no issues. Most recently I was there on a busy Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago, I even sat strong side facing outside the booth. Not a word said.

Did you get the name of the person who asked you to leave?

lima

imported post

asforme wrote:
I've OCd at the Lynchburg Ihop twice and had no issues. Most recently I was there on a busy Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago, I even sat strong side facing outside the booth. Not a word said.

Did you get the name of the person who asked you to leave?
Hmmmm.. How long ago did you last carry there? I'm wondering if the policy changed recently.

No, we got no names. We just left. And he did not ask us to leave. He asked us to put our guns in the car. We simply chose to go to a place where our guns were as welcome as we were.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

lima wrote:
How long ago did you last carry there?
3 Weeks ago, Saturday the 28th. Could be the time of day and different people on shift. I would definitely call and verify with management or contact IHOP cooperate.

It's also interesting that you left IHOP to go to Applebees. While I was searching about franchise information I found out IHOP owns Applebees!

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

:banghead:Don't call...Don't ask!

When forced into acorner, staffwill always say "No guns". Where as if you are ready to have a rational discussion you MAY win, but if you just walk out, you leave the manager thinking it was the right thing to do. We need to let them know that it a legal option, but it is NOT the right thing.

:cuss:I am getting so sick of managers like that I am considering the following...

Get about 10 people all concealed except for one or two. Go in 2 at a time and have the last people hold off for about 10 minutes. Once the others have their order in have the last folks come in open carry.

If the manager says "no guns" just say OK and say folks, they do not want us here and have everyone get up and leave.

Someone please tell me why I shouldn't....

Thundar

imported post

pourshot wrote:
:banghead:Don't call...Don't ask!

When forced into acorner, staffwill always say "No guns". Where as if you are ready to have a rational discussion you MAY win, but if you just walk out, you leave the manager thinking it was the right thing to do. We need to let them know that it a legal option, but it is NOT the right thing.

:cuss:I am getting so sick of managers like that I am considering the following...

Get about 10 people all concealed except for one or two. Go in 2 at a time and have the last people hold off for about 10 minutes. Once the others have their order in have the last folks come in open carry.

If the manager says "no guns" just say OK and say folks, they do not want us here and have everyone get up and leave.

Someone please tell me why I shouldn't....

1 Because we are better than that.

2 Because it could start a reputation (gun carriers = check skippers) that we do not want.

3 Because it is chicken s#%t.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I have OCd at all of the Richmond area IHOPs and Applebees at one time or another - never any problems other than a check that did not add up correctly.

Yata hey