• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there Federal Property in DC where an Open Carry Meet Up can be held?

Thundar

imported post

A trash pickup like the one in NH would be excellent, and perhaps be appreciated by the agency whose grounds were cleaned.

The federal property would need to have a parking lot, or at least a public drop off area where handguns legally stored, unloaded in cases in trunks could be carried.

mkl

imported post

Thundar wrote:
 A trash pickup like the one in NH would be excellent, and perhaps be appreciated by the agency whose grounds were cleaned.

The federal property would need to have a parking lot, or at least a public drop off area where handguns legally stored, unloaded in cases in trunks  could be carried.

I can't even imagine how many more laws would have to change in D.C. for this to become legal...
I guess it is good to start planning early, maybe with an estimated date of 2018? :)

Thundar

imported post

OK, so where could we exercise our 2A right to bear arms in DC and not be subject to the DC gun ban? Perhaps at federal property in DC. There is lots of it in DC but here are the main offices for each of the federal executive departments in DC I used google maps, there are often multiple listings and there may be inaccuracies:

United States Dept of Agriculture

1400 Independence Ave SW
Washington, DC 20250

(202) 264-8600‎
[/b]
Department of Commerce
[/b]
301 7th St SW
Washington, DC 20230

(202) 482-1850
[/b]

Department of Defense[/b]

Pentagon – in Virginia
[/b]
Department of Education
[/b][/b]
400 Maryland Ave SW
Washington, DC 20202

(202) 401-2000

Department of Energy[/b]
[/b][/b]
1000 Independence Ave SW
Washington, DC 20585

(202) 586-5000‎
[/b]
Department of Heath and Human Services
[/b][/b]
200 Independence Ave SW
Washington, DC 20201

(202) 690-7650‎

Department of Homeland Security
[/b][/b]
500 C St SW
Washington, DC 20024

(202) 646-3377

Department of Housing and Urban Development
[/b]
451 7th St SW
Washington, DC 20410

(202) 708-1112‎
[/b]
United States Dept of Interior[/b]

1849 C St NW
Washington, DC 20240

(202) 208-3100‎[/b]

Department of Justice[/b]
[/b]
1430 G St NE
Washington, DC 20002

(202) 396-6022‎

Department of Labor[/b]
[/b]
200 Constitution Ave NW
Washington, DC 20210

(202) 693-5000‎[/b]

Department of State
[/b]
2201 C St NW
Washington, DC 20520

(202) 647-4000

[/b][/b]Department of Transportation
[/b]
400 N Capitol St NW
Washington, DC 20001

(202) 755-7687‎

Department of Treasury[/b]

401 14th St SW
Washington, DC 20227

(202) 863-0146

Department of Veterans Affairs
[/b][/b]
810 Vermont Ave NW
Washington, DC 20420

(202) 273-5400‎

(202) 273-5803‎

I would be looking for a designated "protest/picket area" where we could carry signs and not interfere with the work of the department. We would also need a connected road or driveway on federal property.

IANAL but getting the handguns to federal property would appear to me to be covered by FOPA, and carry on Department property would be covered by Department regulations in the CFR. I am also concerned about concurrent juristictionagreements. Any thoughts?

If I could pick it would be:

Dept of Interior - for the National Park Ban

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Thundar wrote:
OK, so where could we exercise our 2A right to bear arms in DC and not be subject to the DC gun ban? Perhaps at federal property in DC. There is lots of it in DC but here are the main offices for each of the federal executive departments in DC I used google maps, there are often multiple listings and there may be inaccuracies: . . . I would be looking for a designated "protest/picket area" where we could carry signs and not interfere with the work of the department. We would also need a connected road or driveway on federal property.

IANAL but getting the handguns to federal property would appear to me to be covered by FOPA, and carry on Department property would be covered by Department regulations in the CFR. I am also concerned about concurrent juristictionagreements. Any thoughts?

I do not believe FOPA's place to place immunity can be stretched to cover possession at a "stop & protest" event.

Thundar

imported post

Mike wrote:
Thundar wrote:
OK, so where could we exercise our 2A right to bear arms in DC and not be subject to the DC gun ban? Perhaps at federal property in DC. There is lots of it in DC but here are the main offices for each of the federal executive departments in DC I used google maps, there are often multiple listings and there may be inaccuracies: . . . I would be looking for a designated "protest/picket area" where we could carry signs and not interfere with the work of the department. We would also need a connected road or driveway on federal property.

IANAL but getting the handguns to federal property would appear to me to be covered by FOPA, and carry on Department property would be covered by Department regulations in the CFR. I am also concerned about concurrent jurisdictionagreements. Any thoughts?

I do not believe FOPA's place to place immunity can be stretched to cover possession at a "stop & protest" event.
As I read and understand FOPA, FOPA could be used to get the firearm from Virginia to federal property in DC.

Unless a concurrent jurisdiction agreement exists between the federal department andDC, the federal department's CFR regulations, not DC's wacky laws, apply while on the federal property.

Am I missing something?