• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question on RCW 9.41.060 (8) (Exceptions to restrictions on carrying firearms)

Bear 45/70

imported post

deanf wrote:
However a cite for this subjectis not only unreasonable but shows a lack of real life knowladge of how thing work out there in the real world.

Oh. I know how it works. I've worked in and with LE for quite a while.

I was just trying to get a discussion going. But this still stands without answer:

Yeah but he can't do that without at least the slightest pretext, and with someone who is otherwise lawful to posses a handgun and is smart enough to keep their mouth shut, and absent other criminal activity, he won't have that pretext.

Now I tend to believe that most cops have integrity, and won't trump-up charges to be later dispensed with by the prosecutor. That's true of most that I've dealt with.

Now Bear, you regale us with stories about how you love to cooperate with the police, yet you seem to harbor a deep mistrust of them, implying that they will trump up charges anytime the breeze blows their skirt up. I find this contradiction intriguing.

(Standard Bear involved thread instructions: please take note that only relevant portions were quoted, and have the courtesy to follow suit. If you can't, either learn how or don't post.)

Who died and made you the post God???? If you don't like how I do it just stop reading my posts. If I wanted your style I would steal it. Since I don't, go stuff yourself.

I known a lot of cops over the years and a bunch of them are 51% good and 49% bad. Which makes them able to think like bad guys and catch them. Sometimes however the 49% comes out and takes control. So I don't trust anyone, especially someone like you who only sees good or bad and nothing else.

joeroket

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
I known a lot of cops over the years and a bunch of them are 51% good and 49% bad. Which makes them able to think like bad guys and catch them. Sometimes however the 49% comes out and takes control.
After living my life around City, County, State LEO's and Correction Supervisors I have to concur with this. I have known at least 150+ in my short time, in comparison to Bear, and all but a few are exactly this.