• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ND at Wal-Mart

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I have previously posted (although I don't remember if it was on OCDO) a letter from WalMart stating that their policy was to follow state law. I'm thinking it was dated circa '01-'02. I do not have a copy of it and I recall it took some time to find it in google as there are tons of hits regarding the matter.
thanks for helping me out, in a way. I was looking for that also but could not find it.:D

nh92d

imported post

sent an e-mail out to corporate office(customer relations dept)and this was their reply

Thank you for your message.

Dear Matthew,

For information regarding your inquiry, please contact your local store and speak with a member of management. To find the phone number for your local Wal-Mart store, please visit the http://www.walmart.com website and click on Store Finder at the bottom of the page.

Thank you,
Wal-Mart Customer Relations

For further correspondence regarding this issue, please reply to this email.

----Your Original Comments Were----

Comments: i would like to know if someone could tell me the exact policy of if firearms are allowed to be carried (openly or concealed) into stores by law-abiding permit holding citizens.if someone could explain to me the exact policy,it'd be appreciated thank you..

-----------------------------------------
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error destroy it
immediately.
Wal-Mart Confidential

so apparently the "no weapons allowed" policy isn't for all but a store by store policy(atleast that's what it seems to me) :?

i open carried there yesterday and no comments,nothing...

SlackwareRobert

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Looks like my comments on the article have generated a little bit of agreement.

After the woman at Sam's let her 4 year old grand-daughter get hold of her CC firearm and shoot herself and now this idiot shooting himself, Wal-Mart may indeed change their policy from following state law. While we talk about actively contacting them to allow carry I'm absolutely sure that these two incidents have led to hundreds if not thousands of letters and emails from antis asking them to ban carry in their stores.

WalMart is in business to make money. Period. The one who flexes the most economic effect on them wins. A couple of well publicized dumba$$e$ NDing in their stores sets back the tens of thousands who carry into Wal-Mart regularly when the letters from the soccer moms pour in asking why they let people carry guns in their stores.
Alas, not one story pointing out that if the women had the gun openly on her
hip, the child probably couldn't have gotten hold of it.
Same goes for computer security attitude, hiding is good enough to stop bad things.
Open disclosure is a much better policy. Weak security doesn't last in the light of day.