Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spokane July Meeting

Post imported post

So I get back in town on the 26th if all works according to planns and even though it is somewhat short notice how does everyone feel about meeting on Sunday the 27th for some OC goodness. Venue is completely open to those who have a preferance, personally I don't really care that much and I am a pretty easy going when it comes to eats. Sorry if the short notice has forced some of you be exculded due to previous plans. Once again, exacttime and location are up for debate so have at it all.

Post imported post

Sunday the 27th will work just fine for me... Barring I don't still have a headache left over from my birthday on the 25th.

As far as meet up place, I am pretty sure almost every other Spokane member has a whole lot more knowledge of places around town that are OC friendly. I can only confirm the people at the Starbucks at the base of the Division/Ruby split hill and Cyrus O'Learys downtown all seem friendly about it.

Post imported post

I am out of town until the evening of the 31st, but will be home for the 4 weeks following that, minus a five day trip to Alaska. Steelhead grill is OC friendly, had a lunch there a few months ago. So is tomato street on division, Chilis downtown, the Pita Pit by GU, and the Vietnamese restaurant across the street. just to name a few....

Post imported post

I know for a fact that Sonic is OC friendly.
    I will be in Spokane the 26th & 27th and am all for a meet. I can meet up after 3pm on Sunday and anytime Saturday. Is there somewhere I can shoot the Nagant while visiting?

Post imported post

that's right, I forgot about sonic. M1 and I have both been told by the GM that we are more than welcome to eat there and OC. That would be a great place since they have outdoor seating and the weather is good. They are always packed in the summer too

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    I know for a fact that Sonic is OC friendly.
    I will be in Spokane the 26th & 27th and am all for a meet. I can meet up after 3pm on Sunday and anytime Saturday. Is there somewhere I can shoot the Nagant while visiting?
    Either the SpokaneRifle Club : http://www.spokanerifleclub.com/

or Spokane Valley Rifle Club : http://www.inas.us/svrpc.html

It is a longer drive but I would suggest the valley one. Only $5, very secluded, you can shoot whatever you have. Great Steel targets already set up all the way out too 1,000 yards. Open from 2 til dusk.

Post imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
    that's right, I forgot about sonic. M1 and I have both been told by the GM that we are more than welcome to eat there and OC. That would be a great place since they have outdoor seating and the weather is good. They are always packed in the summer too
    And I have yet to eat there yet... Despite being in Spokane much longer than them.

Post imported post

I'm up for an OC outing. I alsmost think it would be fun to have a BBQ / pot luck somewhere where we might get a little more exposure and possibly somepositive media attention. but thats only my thoughts.Im game for anywhere also.

Post imported post

i can do any day after 2pm, or the 20th - 21st -22nd all day. and the 28th-29th-30th all day.

I like vinnies idea about a picnic/potluck type gathering, as long as enough people
    come so there is good food.

Post imported post

Man, if I could justify making it out there, I'd so go... but that's a 4-5 hour drive and waaay too hot for this born-and-bred W. WA boy.

I still long to get back to Kennewick again like I did last Father's Day Weekend. I keep having daydreams about the fun times had by myself, Dave the Welder and steelcoreap.

I just wish I had a 400 yard shooting pit ~20 minutes drive from my place with an amazing view like the one we had.... *daydream*
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Cousin vinny, welcome to the Spokane OC community! Hope to see you soon!
    Just curious, how did you find out about this forum?

Post imported post

i use to visit packing.org but i watched the Dateline NBC special that featured this site. so i thought id check it out.

Post imported post

So from the posts I have gathered...

Shy_Panda: good on 27th

M1Gunr: good after 1500 on 27th

Cousinvinny: up for outing, didn'tlist a timerestriction

SlacK: good after 1400 on 27th

Myself: good on 27th any time

So right now for the people who have posted willing in this thread, anytime after 1500 on the 27th is the answer.

Post imported post

David.Car wrote:
    So from the posts I have gathered...

Shy_Panda: good on 27th

M1Gunr: good after 1500 on 27th

Cousinvinny: up for outing, didn'tlist a timerestriction

SlacK: good after 1400 on 27th

Myself: good on 27th any time

So right now for the people who have posted willing in this thread, anytime after 1500 on the 27th is the answer.
    Throw me into the ring on this outing. Hi David.

Post imported post

I would like to meet up sometime, as I have been lurking around reading posts for a few months now. Not sure about the 27th. My son is in a basketball tournament and we don't get the bracket info until Friday sometime. I live in the Silver Valley and get over to Spokane Valley off of Pines a few times a week or more for work and to pickup/drop off my kids. I was disappointed to find out that Washington does not honor my Idaho CWLI am about to post about this separately. What would be the best means of me of obtaining a permit licence for Washington, as I understand I would need to have one toOC in Spokane/Valley as well. A link to some info or suggestion as to a more generous/ expedient agency (SD?) would be much appreciated.-Thanks

Post imported post

boom, you do not need a permit/license to Open Carry in WA. You do need a CPL (Concealed Pistol License) to carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle, though, whether open or concealed. Otherwise, there are only a few exceptions per RCW that require a CPL and I highly doubt you'll encounter those, as they involve convention centers (depends on where the tourney is held) and restricted/secure areas of hospitals, jails and courthouses.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

got it, thanks

I wonder If I can have the weapon in the passenger compartment with me if it is unloaded or disassembled. I will just apply for my licence in Spokane Valley next week and that shouldn't be an issue (if they choose to issue)

Edit: shall issue is good (below) :celebrate

Post imported post

boom wrote:
    got it, thanks

I wonder If I can have the weapon in the passenger compartment with me if it is unloaded or disassembled. I will just apply for my licence in Spokane Valley next week and that shouldn't be an issue (if they choose to issue)
    It's not a matter of if they choose to; if your NCIS check and fingerprints come back clean, WA is a SHALL ISSUE state, which means they must issue it to you if they cannot find sufficient evidence that you are disqualified from having it. For residents of WA, they must do this within 30 days, for non-residents, such as yourself, it's 60 days or less.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

boom wrote:
    got it, thanks

Edit: shall issue is good (below) :celebrate
    Unloaded is all that is required. Mag can be loaded, just not in the gun.

Post imported post

My plans have changed and I will be available anytime on the 27th. Have we chosen a place yet?

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    My plans have changed and I will be available anytime on the 27th. Have we chosen a place yet?
    I see some support for the Sonics (on Ruby?) and am down for that.

Post imported post

No Sonics on the West side yet (coming soon). I'm all for it.

Post imported post

if on 27th, just make it after 2pm so i can come too, i really want to come.

Post imported post

Should we set this for 2pm at Sonic on the 27th?

Post imported post

i'm good with that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast