Thread: Im a ***** for carrying a gun... Well thats wat i was told.

Post imported post

Sooo the same day as my subway experience.. Right after i told to put my gun out in my car.. I walked past this Kid who id say was in his middle 20s that was sitting in one of the benches eatin a sandwhich... and as i walked by him Hel ooked at me and said... You know if you were a real man you wouldnt need a gun... youd just fight with your hands... And i just looked at him and was like ahhhh Thanks for your advice.. and as i started to walk out the door he yelled... Its not my fault your a *****... im like WTF? Since when did carrying a gun make a guy a *****? lol... My girl looked at me like are you gonna take that.. and beings i had a gun on me.. i chose to keep my mouth shut, cause the last thing i wanted would be the cops to show up, or something, so i just smiled at the guy and put my gun out in my car... As i came back in my girl was yellin at this guy tellin him to shut up and mind his own business and to go screw him self.. that was somewat funny he got all butt hurt and left.. but has anyone else had an experience like this?? I dont carry a gun on me to be cool or make it seem like im a bad ass... We all know why we do it..... Alot of people ask me Well since you have a CHL and you can conceal your gun... why do you open carry... Usually my resoponce is... Its more comfortable in hot weather to just OC then have to worry about covering it up, And its also my right.. Why do you guys OC IF you have a CHL? Id like to kno wat your opinions are.. Anyways the whole meaning of this was I just think its funny How people think its their business to mock you or Make a negative comment towords you for Carrying a gun..

Post imported post

Not worth worrying about. He's the sort who ends up with toes pointing in a certain direction, 'cause he is going to meet a criminal at some point who won't like his chest pounding. Not your problem.

Now, as for your S.O. giving you the "look," it might be time to have "the discussion" about what defensive carry is ... and more importantly is not. Sounds like she also does not quite understand.

Post imported post

There are always going to be people like that whos mouths are bigger than their brains, I think you were right and showed some impressive restraint to blow it off like that as a civilian...

On a side note, no wonder I couldn't have the username "Glockguy" when I registered here!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

BrianEMT wrote:
    On a side note, no wonder I couldn't have the username "Glockguy" when I registered here!
    You joined 6 months before he did, why couldn't you?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Meow.

(Remember the character in Starship Troopers? The onenicknamed Kitten?)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Im a ***** for carrying a gun... Well thats wat i was told.
    So, did the individual tell the truth or not? If not, then you ignore his ignorance.

It doesn't come with the owner's manual, but carrying a firearm, either concealed or openly, brings with it a greater deal of restraint and maturity on your part. If someone says something stupid, either ignore it or walk away. Getting into an argument will only end up getting you in trouble. Commenting back to someone's stupidity will only escalate the situation. You never, ever lower yourself to someone else's level, especially when you're carrying.

Youthful hormones can get a person in enough trouble to last for the rest ofone's life. The trick is walking away when it's time to walk away.

Post imported post

asforme wrote:
    BrianEMT wrote:
    Haha I just noticed that...I'm not sure then...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

You did the right thing Glockguy. I guess when OCing you will find your good comments and your bad comments. Just realize there are people out there that agree with firearms, and there are those that do not agree with firearms, and in each categorythere are people that will give their opinions in different ways. This incident may not be the last of it's kind so expect it Buddy.

To answer your question about why I as a CHL holder OC? When I got my CHL and started carrying I just did not like the fact I had to hide my pistol. I wanted people to see it. I don’t spend good money on a nice weapon to hide it and keep it under my shirt, (I really hate that). I would walk out of my house in my yard OCing and then hate having to cover it up before I left to go somewhere.

Not knowing about OC I never thought to look it up, but then I came across this site and found it was legal in WA, now I will be OC most of the time. OC It's like allowing me to be me, and not someone I don’t want to be.

Post imported post

There will always be someone who wants to test you. I'm surprised he didn't say something like, what you going to do shot me? I know a third degree black belt and when some people found out they tryed to start a fight. Why is that? It comes down to themselves trying to prove something to themselves, has nothing to do with you as a person. A third degree black belt is bad and bad people don't have to prove it to anyone. They will most likely walk away like you did because they know their bad and has nothing to prove to anyone. You did the right thing guy.

Post imported post

Yea I guess Not everyone Will react how we'd like.. but wat can yea doo.. his Comments didnt really bother me... or get me all butt hurt.. I just thought it was ammusing how people find it nessesarry to put u down when Your not only carrying for your protection but theirs as well.

I also find it very uncomfortable and somewat hard To try to conceal my gun in this hot weather.. I mean I could go out and bet a lil Dinky .380 that was really small...that would just fit into my pocket... But I dont find that very comforting, Id rather carry my .40

Post imported post

anytime anyone called me a ***** for any reason my general response has been

"well I am what I eat" and walk on

sprat

Post imported post

Glockguy wrote:
    I walked past this Kid who id say was in his middle 20s that was sitting in one of the benches eatin a sandwhich... and as i walked by him Hel ooked at me and said... You know if you were a real man you wouldnt need a gun... youd just fight with your hands... And i just looked at him and was like ahhhh Thanks for your advice.. and as i started to walk out the door he yelled... Its not my fault your a *****... im like WTF? Since when did carrying a gun make a guy a *****?
    Im not sure how I would have responded in the moment, but in giving it some thought- I think I would now respond saying,

"Carrying a gun doesn't make you any more or less of a man- what it does give you is the capability to defend yourself and the ones you love (pointing over at the girlfriend) if there should be a problem, evenwith more than one assailant. Do you think you could handle 2 or more bag guys with your bare hands? Do you think those same two bad guys would even bother with an openly armed man? Between you and me, they will pick you to fight- good luck with that STUD."
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

sprat wrote:

sprat
    ROFL

Post imported post

So that is why you carry in Oregon...

Here in VA, we carry we because we have small penises - we have it on video from a MMM meeting at a library.

I usually say "Thank You" in these situations.

I thank them for realizing I'm a sound, rational person. Because only someone that was completely stupid would make fun of or try to start a fight with someone carrying a gun.

They usually realize I just nicely called them stupid after I have left.

Post imported post

It think a better result would have been to ask if the other bench was taken and sat down with this younger kid and educated him over a nice, calm lunch. He didnt call you a name to start off with, yet escalation took place.

IMO I think from what I read into this is that your girlfiend didnt help, she should have stayed out of the conversation.

Post imported post

BrianEMT wrote:
    asforme wrote:
    BrianEMT wrote:
    Haha I just noticed that...I'm not sure then...
    When you grow up mabe you can be XD Guy! :what:

I kid, I kid.

Post imported post

I have always thought about carrying here in springfield and eugene, there was a shooting down where my mom works, right in front of the house. I guess the mall area is kinda crime filled when you think about it.

Post imported post

Your blue! and mauve! Insulted yet?
    Anything I do will piss off somebody If you care about what one guy thinks there isa is a latin term for your condition: Uk feyed.
    ignore the riff raff.

Post imported post

vinnie wrote:
    Your blue! and mauve! Insulted yet?
    Anything I do will piss off somebody If you care about what one guy thinks there isa is a latin term for your condition: Uk feyed.
    ignore the riff raff.
    It's true that some people get pissed off at what other people do. I get irritated when I see pale teenagers with black hair, black lipstick, wearing black clothes with studs & spikes, 4" platform boots, floor length black coat and an "angsty" look on their faces. While I respect their freedom to do and dress however they want, my opinion is that it looks stupid, and they are only doing so because they'rewanting attention...

Whoah. I just had a personal paradigm shift here. Isn't that what some say about us OCers? Maybe next time I see some goth-dressed kid(s), I should ask them the same question similar to how I would like more people to ask me... instead of "Why are you carrying a gun?" I'll be asking "Why do you dress that way?" Perhaps by talking to them I may get an understanding of "why," or maybe I'll just get told to go perform impossible atonomical reproductive feats. I won't find out unless I ask though, will I?

You are correct though, that some people may get irritated at just about anything any other person does. What people think plays very low on my priorities of anything I do. Ilook and dress and actand Open Carry because I respect myself, want to dress decently, and want to protect myself and my family,not because I'm primarily worried about what people think. It does weigh in on my decisions, but it's not the prime reason I look or behave like I do.

Those people who do everything because they're afraid of what people think need a healthy dose of self-respect. I almost looked up the latin for "uk feyed", then said it out loud and giggled. Yeah, it fits those kind of people.

...However, wouldn't the correct translation be "ucked-fey"?...
    ...Orygunner...

Post imported post

Dudes looking to prove themselves by getting into fistfights are insecure. The word "*****" comes to mind..

I can count the number of physical altercations I've been in on one hand. I guess that makes me a *****.

Post imported post

You know if you were a real man you wouldnt need a gun... youd just fight with your hands...
    I do use my hands, the right hand retieves the weapon from the holster and I place the nonfiring hand under the firing hand, wrapping the nonfiring fingers around the back of the firing hand thereby locking the weapon firmly in both hands. It's called the 2 handed grip.

Post imported post

Unless my name is Jason Statham.. I don't think I would go bare handed

against a person carrying a defensive weapon.. Ghengis Khan/Sword,

Geronimo/bow-arrow, Luke Skywalker/lightsaber...

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

sprat wrote:

sprat
    I like that answer the best.

Post imported post

You are in Albany? That surprises me, I have gotten nothing but positive feedback. Sounds just like a ****** bag kid who was trying to pick a fight......