• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

mall of louisiana, and New Orleans

whoopingllama

imported post

Has anyone had any problems within recent months OCing in these cities and places? Just curious. Sometimes I have to go on service calls to fix stuff in mall stores and such.

Jimmy Dean

imported post

yes. the owner of the mall does not allow it, they will ask you to leave.

New orleans, in the city it IS legal, but the cops dont feel that way, so expect to get hassled or worse.

sraacke

imported post

Carondalet wrote:
Mall of Louisiana-is it enough for security to ask you to leave, or a higher authority? There are NO signs.
Of all intents and purposes the Security staff represents the management and is there to enforce the rules management puts down. If asked to leave by security the best response is to smile, leave and take it up with management later. Getting into a pissing match with a underpaid, under trained mall guard isn't going to acomplish anything positive for the OC movement.

whoopingllama

imported post

I will say that yesterday evening I did OC in the Mall of Louisiana without any hindrances. I walked past a few security guys. They didn't seem to even notice. However I was walking with my hands in my pockets which meant that my arm was for the most part covering the gun. so unless your were looking from the side or right behind me, you couldn't really tell. So, yeah.

zxin_it

imported post

I have been making it a point to OC lately. I have been in the Mall of LA, a few

Walmarts, Barnes and Noble, and some I am sure am forgetting. I have had no issues so far. I am not the type to draw attention to myself in general, so that might have something to do with it.

I also agree if confronted, best to just say ok, and walk away. I also ride "one of those", a sport bike, so am used to people having an opinion about something in which they no nothing about. I figure it is better to represent any group i am apart of in the most positive way I can. Most will not remember the nice guy, but definitely will not forget the mean, rude, person etc.

Just my two cents.

Ron

whoopingllama

imported post

Yeah, I've gone through there a couple more times since while OCing without any worries. My friend told me that could almost pass for being a cop though. I found this interesting because I'm always wearing either jeans or cargo khakis and a t-shirt and on a rare occasion a polo shirt but never tucked in.

And I wholeheartedly agree and understand to always remain polite and calm when confronted. My natural reaction seems to just try to play it off. A guy once asked if "that thing" is real. My first response was something like, "I hope so." He was a nice guy though. So it was cool. But, so far that has really been my only confrontation.