• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Active Military or Law Enforcement here?

BrianEMT

imported post

So Glock still has the ongoing deal, a steep discount (usually $100 or more) and an extra magazine for sales to active military or law enforcement. I would use my own EMT or BCSO ID, but...I'm not 21. :banghead:

So my question is, anyone here willing to discount me the purchase then through a private party sale transfer it to me? I'm in the market for a new Glock 19, I will call Glock on Monday and get the local LE dealer, just trying to get a "headcount" right now...

Oh and it turns out our Sheriff can get the G19 for $360, but again, not 21! :cuss:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

BrianEMT wrote:
So Glock still has the ongoing deal, a steep discount (usually $100 or more) and an extra magazine for sales to active military or law enforcement. I would use my own EMT or BCSO ID, but...I'm not 21. :banghead:

So my question is, anyone here willing to discount me the purchase then through a private party sale transfer it to me? I'm in the market for a new Glock 19, I will call Glock on Monday and get the local LE dealer, just trying to get a "headcount" right now...

Oh and it turns out our Sheriff can get the G19 for $360, but again, not 21! :cuss:
Beware the "straw purchase." The purchase with the intent to sell/transfer to another will create more potential problems than you wish to receive. That is why no one has responded to your question.

Now if your father wishes to purchase such and make a "gift" to you for any special occasion, IMO you are good to go.

Yata hey

BrianEMT

imported post

I looked into that, it is only considered a straw purchase if the intended third party cannot legally in their own respects by any method purchase their own firearm. These cases are mostly criminals who do not pass the NICS check...

Either way, a day too late, I sealed an amazing deal on a G19 yesterday. :celebrate:celebrate