• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

is hi point a good gun?

AbNo

imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
I am a Hi Point owner (although I now carry a Glock 22) and I hate the damn thing. My magazine will not stay in. At first I though it was because the magazine release button was pressing against the inside of the holster, so I filed the button down. However, when the problem persisted, I discovered that a slight tug on the bottom of the magazine (while it is still in the gun!) was enough to make it slide out.

And WHY haven't you sent this off to be fixed? :p

Wadda ya gonna do when your Glock Kbs? Send 'em both off at once? :lol:

Jaycob

imported post

High points are alright. I have a 45 and its an alright gun. It shoots pretty accurate.HOWEVER, there is not an high capacity mag for this gun. They look ugly, and they are extremely top heavy.

So if your lookin for something cheap, go with the high point, if you want a nice gun, nice feel and nice weight, get something else.

Tattss1

imported post

I have had my C9 for a few months now and can only find 2 faults with it. Lack of accessories and the extreem diffaculity in breaking it down. With the first fault, are any of you aware of a good holster for the C9. Preferably one with some type of retention? I currently use the IWB from Uncle Mikes, but while concealed it does not hold very steady, and there is no way I want to make a regular practice of OC'ing with this holster.

As far as the performance of my C9, my first 100 rounds down the range with it, before cleaning or anything fired flawlessly. As a matter of fact, the ONLY misfires / jams I have ever encountered with my C9 was at my CPL class using lead free rounds. Those things jammed constantly! I was actually a little worried since that was the second time I had fired the gun. But since the class I have fired at least another 300 rounds with it using cheap rounds and have not had one single jam.

Dustin

imported post

Tattss1 wrote:
I have had my C9 for a few months now and can only find 2 faults with it. Lack of accessories and the extreem diffaculity in breaking it down. With the first fault, are any of you aware of a good holster for the C9. Preferably one with some type of retention? I currently use the IWB from Uncle Mikes, but while concealed it does not hold very steady, and there is no way I want to make a regular practice of OC'ing with this holster.

As far as the performance of my C9, my first 100 rounds down the range with it, before cleaning or anything fired flawlessly. As a matter of fact, the ONLY misfires / jams I have ever encountered with my C9 was at my CPL class using lead free rounds. Those things jammed constantly! I was actually a little worried since that was the second time I had fired the gun. But since the class I have fired at least another 300 rounds with it using cheap rounds and have not had one single jam.
What do you expect ? It's a $150 dollar gun.

I'd say buy one for every drawer in the house ! :lol:

OR, save your money and buy you sometyhing NICE. XD/Glock/SIG/ etc.etc.

AbNo

imported post

ANY gun will tend to have problems in its breakin period (first 500).

Even my XD would FTE a lot before I gave it a good clean, lube, and healthy diet in its younger days. ;)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AbNo wrote:

Even my XD would FTE a lot before I gave it a good clean, lube, and healthy diet in its younger days. ;)
:shock: I'm surprised. Of the numerous XDs owned in my immediate circle of friends I have not seen that happen. I know for a fact that an XD45 and XD9 that came out of the box, were field stripped, inspected, reassembled and taken to the range have fired several thousands of rounds with zero FTF or FTE (excepting a few FTF with my .45 due to ammo). I have never personally seen an XD FTE but I have read about them having the issue, especially those made during a certain early period of time when there were some issues with the extractor and which required a return to SA to have it replaced.

Do you have one of the first gen models? Any more specifics on what happened, what you did for it and how many rounds it took to break-in and stop having issues?

I am not questioning the occurrence by any means, especially coming from you AbNo. It is just a :shock: moment for me as I have not heard of such a problem with an XD that worked itself out. All that I have read/heard of required return to SA for a fix. I am generally pretty well versed on XDs and this is a new occurrence to add to my data pool.

PT111

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
AbNo wrote:

:shock: I'm surprised. Of the numerous XDs owned in my immediate circle of friends I have not seen that happen. I know for a fact that an XD45 and XD9 that came out of the box, were field stripped, inspected, reassembled and taken to the range have fired several thousands of rounds with zero FTF or FTE (excepting a few FTF with my .45 due to ammo). I have never personally seen an XD FTE but I have read about them having the issue, especially those made during a certain early period of time when there were some issues with the extractor and which required a return to SA to have it replaced.

Do you have one of the first gen models? Any more specifics on what happened, what you did for it and how many rounds it took to break-in and stop having issues?

I am not questioning the occurrence by any means, especially coming from you AbNo. It is just a :shock: moment for me as I have not heard of such a problem with an XD that worked itself out. All that I have read/heard of required return to SA for a fix. I am generally pretty well versed on XDs and this is a new occurrence to add to my data pool.

I keep hearing about the break-in period for pistols but the more I hear and read I am about to decide that the 500 round break-in only applies to some 1911's, especially Kimbers. It seems that almost every other brand/model either works right out of the box or has to be sent back to the factory. Maybe a little spit and polish on a few to get them going but seldom does an XD or most others have a break-in period other than smoothing out the trigger.

Anyone else seeing this or am I totally off base? This is just based on reading the boards.

AbNo

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
AbNo wrote:

Yeah, this was an older one, and it had been sitting dry for a little while before it was given to me. It's even got the older (poorer) finish.

Of course, now it works like a champ. :D