• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thank you to all who attended our Utah course today!

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I enjoyed meeting some new students and seeing some previous ones today. Hope everyone had a good time and enjoyed the class.

Jim
Forgive the slight highjacking of your thread. But everyone with an interest in Utah's concealed weapons permits needs to be aware that Governor Huntsman and the DPS/BCI (with well timed help from the media) continue to attack the entire notion of non-resident permits.

Proposals have ranged from eliminating non-res permits entirely, to

Eliminating all non-res instructors and requiring that all permit classes be taken within Utah, to

Fairly significant fee increases for non-res instructors and/or carry permits.

Check the threads on this topic under Utah or the politcal alerts heading.

Then, consider sending an email or letter to the gov's office letting him know how a Utah non-res permits influences you to spend your tourist dollars in Utah, rather than say, colorado.

Thanks.

Charles

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
I enjoyed meeting some new students and seeing some previous ones today. Hope everyone had a good time and enjoyed the class.

Jim
Forgive the slight highjacking of your thread. But everyone with an interest in Utah's concealed weapons permits needs to be aware that Governor Huntsman and the DPS/BCI (with well timed help from the media) continue to attack the entire notion of non-resident permits.

Proposals have ranged from eliminating non-res permits entirely, to

Eliminating all non-res instructors and requiring that all permit classes be taken within Utah, to

Fairly significant fee increases for non-res instructors and/or carry permits.

Check the threads on this topic under Utah or the politcal alerts heading.

Then, consider sending an email or letter to the gov's office letting him know how a Utah non-res permits influences you to spend your tourist dollars in Utah, rather than say, colorado.

Thanks.

Charles
I dont see how DPS/BCI can be grouped in the attack on non res permits. I was just there a few weeks ago and they bent over backwards to accomodate us. BCI was very much behind the program.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I dont see how DPS/BCI can be grouped in the attack on non res permits. I was just there a few weeks ago and they bent over backwards to accomodate us. BCI was very much behind the program.
The head honchos as those agencies are appointed by the gov.

At the last interim legislative hearing they showed up and testified that managing non-res instructors was becoming a major "administrative problem for them.

They can't articulate any real problems or specific concerns other than the inability (due to cost and personnel) of checking up on non-res instructors' classes. But they are right there on the party line with Gov Huntsman Jr in attacking non-res permits and instructors.

Charles

C45P312

imported post

Back on topic ....

I had fun and the class was very informative. Well worth the drive from hampton roads to able to finally apply for my Utah CCP.

Thanks again

-Carlo