• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting western WA this week.

neddis

imported post

I am planning on visiting my mother in Sumner this week and want to make sure I can OC when we are out and about.

I read the WA gun laws I could find. Magazine has to be removed and no round in chamber while driving, correct?

Storing the firearm in the car means it has to basically be unloaded and out of sight?

Are there any other restricted places in WA that I can't go other than the norm (post office, school, courthouse, etc.)?

Thanks a bunch guys.

joeroket

imported post

neddis wrote:
I am planning on visiting my mother in Sumner this week and want to make sure I can OC when we are out and about.

I read the WA gun laws I could find. Magazine has to be removed and no round in chamber while driving, correct?

Storing the firearm in the car means it has to basically be unloaded and out of sight?

Are there any other restricted places in WA that I can't go other than the norm (post office, school, courthouse, etc.)?

Thanks a bunch guys.
No carry on school grounds. Post office is a federal issue that says no carry on postal property. As far as the car goes you got it but if you do leave it in the car make sure the car is locked as that is required by law.

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

Sound like you have all the pertinent information you need for this trip. May I suggest you make a stop at a sheriff's office along the way to apply for a CPL?

Washington is a shall-issue state even for non-residents, and the procedure is painless except for the fees involved. Since you live so close to the state line, I would encourage you to apply for a Washington CPL so you don't need to unload in the car. Even if you choose to OC, the CPL is great for travel. This also is your waiver for the school zones specified in the Gun Free Schools Act -- CPL holders may transport firearms through a school zone.

Have a safe trip.

neddis

imported post

Oooo, I thought it would be better to have my Oregon CHL before I applied for WA's CPL. In fact, I was planning on doing the paperwork as soon as my Oregon license came in the mail. That is a good idea. I will have to do that. Thanks for the info guys.