• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting Conversation

thx997303

imported post

While I was at work last night, I was talking to a co-worker about guns.

When I mentioned that I OC, he asked me why the heck I would do that.

I explained the whole insurance policy idea.

He says (paraphrased) "I come from a time when everyone carried a gun in their car, but nobody would carry in the store!"

So I asked him if he thought concealed carry was okay. He said that was fine.

I asked him why it was okay to CC, but not to OC.

He responded that it wouldn't scare people. He then said that he would be nervous if he saw someone OC, EVEN IF IT WAS ME! Kinda funny since he knows me.

Then I asked him why he would be nervous.

He said because they might shoot someone. So I asked him if people shot each other a lot when he was younger.

He said no they didn't. I asked him what difference did it make if they carried it on their hip or if it was in their car? I mean after all, they are both readily available.

At this point he decided that he didn't want to discuss it anymore and I didn't push it.

Very interesting.

thx997303

imported post

Well, my thought is, what makes an easily accessible gun in a car any less dangerous than an easily accessible gun on your hip?

thx997303

imported post

Hadn't thought about that argument. Interesting.

The other interesting thing is that he feels that everyone should have a gun, but not carry it.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Hadn't thought about that argument. Interesting.

The other interesting thing is that he feels that everyone should have a gun, but not carry it.
"everyone should have a gun, but not carry it" :?

Then whats the point? Only be able to defend your self when your near it but not all the time?

At least your co-worker has thegeneral idea...