• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Patriots

comp45acp

imported post

On Saturday Wisconsin Patriots were at Smokey's Bait Shop in Pewaukee and at The Shooter's Shop in West Allis. We met with a lot of people and collected signatures for the county petitions. All of us exercised out civil right to be armed for the whole time, 0900 until about 1600. We were observed being armed by numerous police officers from various departments. There were no unexpected incidents of any kind and we had a fun day.

It's about Liberty, your Liberty.

Look for the new and improved WisconsinPatritos.com by mid-week.

Jim

trailblazer2003

imported post

Were the LEO's actively watching the area, ie, someone may have called several MWAG calls. Or was it an officer's notice, and decided to increase patrols in the area? Either way, they kept to themselves, and you were able to get done what needs to be done. Bravo.

Question, do you need to be a current resident in order to sign the petitions? I can't trade my old DL in until I can qualify under the states residency requirements.

comp45acp

imported post

The LEOs we encountered were a mix of off duty and on duty. There were no MWAG calls. There was no reason for a call of that nature. Just peaceful citizens who chose to exercise their civil rights.

Jim

a9193

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Indeed. I was well recieved by the LEO's I spoke with. At Smokie's, it was a good time and we were welcomed by most all who were there. Thanks to all who showed up.

comp45acp

imported post

www.wisconsinpatriots was updated today, some interesting reads are included. We are in the process of assembling a Reference Library and will get it posted as soon as we can. Its purpose will be to educate the general public as well as the police.

Support The 2nd

imported post

comp45acp wrote:
http://www.wisconsinpatriots was updated today, some interesting reads are included. We are in the process of assembling a Reference Library and will get it posted as soon as we can. Its purpose will be to educate the general public as well as the police.

Interesting how YOUR way of education is great, but other suggestions I've seen here get no support.

I see some people are sending written requests to various LEO's. The "organization" should have done this, compiled it, and then Geneshould have gone back to the capital and presented the findings.

Anyway, as a new guy who happened across this site and spent the weekend reading through many of the posts here, I agree with other posts I've read, needs much better organization.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, Support the 2nd. What are your suggestions. If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. We are open to suggested ways to express our mission. The Wisconsin Patriots doesn't speak for all of us. They talk a good story (picnic) to get public attention then don't have the courage to go thru with it. They talk about sending out resolutions to all 72 counties but don't inform us of the progress. The WP movement has been ineffective to date. The approach some of us have taken such as writing to our legislature representatives, to the media, to various sheriffs, to various chiefs of police, to various district attorneys and to the Attorney General Office have for the most part been positive. Admittedly. the thread to tie it all together and get statewide LEO recognition is missing. What would your action plan be?

Support The 2nd

imported post

Lammie wrote:
...What would your action plan be?
I would request/get direct professional taped interviews with the various LEO's that have at least written/responded in favor of open carry.

I would begin a TV campaignon all stations, using the quotation snippets from the friendly LEO's andactors/actresses to ~match~ the picture at the top of this page and have them speak to the legality and purpose of OC.

I'd get local individuals, "grass roots" to go to candidate forums for the Senate and Assembly races coming up.Directly ask the candidates if they support our RTKBA. Do they (candidates) support open carry? If not, then how should we exercise the right?

We do the same thing for County Board and Town/Village/City boards. Ask them straight up. If they answer no, then use letters to the editor to directly attack them as not supporting the constitution.

Most of the people who want to carryin Wisconsin, DO NOT CARRY because of FEAR. FEAR that what happened toPara, will happen to them.

Para's rights were STOMPED, but NOBODY KNOWS. Heshould have gone public to EVERY paper in Wisconsin, we should all have been petitioning CNN, FOX, CBS, NRA, USSA, etc. to pick up the story. I get why he didn't, FEAR.

I suggest using the political process to achieve the desired result. Will this take money, HELL YA.We should get funding from every "pro gun" group/organization out there.
If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem
If they don't stand with us, then we go after them for being the hypocrites they are.

One guy gave a parade idea, I don't know about armed, but EVERY PARADE, in every County needs to have representation. Hand out the pamphlet, after all
We are not about guns. We are about Freedom and Liberty

That's my thoughts on the subject. If I sound a little heated under the collar, I am.

We are ALL SHEEP, it's just that some of us aren't willing to admit it.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:
We do the same thing for County Board and Town/Village/City boards. Ask them straight up. If they answer no, then use letters to the editor to directly attack them as not supporting the constitution.

I have submitted the RKABA resolution petition to the Door County Board over my signature. As best as I can tell, no one else from Door County is interested. Fagin is keeping the names that he has collected to himself - in Minnesota or is it Michigan.

As to writing to Legislators, unless they respect an opponent's (and fear will do) ability to unseat them then pfft! If you purchase access, like a lobbyist, you will get just what a lobbyist does, promises and a bill next year. Ya gotta make them bleed - political capital or blood.

Read The Real Nature of Politics on a pro-gun site. Wonder why the author has never spoken in Wisconsin.

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:

Most of the people who want to carryin Wisconsin, DO NOT CARRY because of FEAR. FEAR that what happened toPara, will happen to them.

Para's rights were STOMPED, but NOBODY KNOWS. Heshould have gone public to EVERY paper in Wisconsin, we should all have been petitioning CNN, FOX, CBS, NRA, USSA, etc. to pick up the story. I get why he didn't, FEAR.
That's my thoughts on the subject. If I sound a little heated under the collar, I am.
We are ALL SHEEP, it's just that some of us aren't willing to admit it.
Fear-A feeling of agitation and anxiety caused by the presence or imminence of danger

Coward-One who shows ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain

I have never been accused of cowardice by anyone, and NEVER has FEAR played a factor in my decisions. How is it "you get" how "I" didn't contact the media? How is it YOU know my rights were trampled if NOBODY KNOWS? My attorney has told me over and over not to go to the media because it complicates the case, so how is it FEAR that drives me to keep this out of public media when I have clear instruction not to do so? And even in this instance I HAVE gone to a media outlet and given an interview, the article just hasn't printed so how is it FEAR managed to stop me from that if it already happened? Those areMY thoughts on the subject. If I sound a little heated under the collar, I am.

IAM NOTSHEEP, I have proven and continue to prove that I have no such blood in me. You however,have a great plan and yet it has not been set into motion. Is it because you lack the COURAGE to get over you own FEAR of failure or reprimand or whatever it may be that stops you from acting on your principles? I believe it is, and until you get over that hurdle, keep the sheepdog's bark out of your sheep's bleat. Next time edit your post, and realize when you write something while angered or agitated it comes off as and is an insult. BTW IMHO calling every law abiding citizen that doesn't want to get hassled by police for legal conduct "sheep" is bad form. The pen is mightier than the sword, so watch how you use yours, its very easy to hurt someone with it.

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Gene, Jim, or Pete usually email all the Patriots with whatever relevant information they have and thats how we keep in contact and informed. But there is not a message board in the works to my knowledge.

S.E.WI

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Support The 2nd wrote:

I have submitted the RKABA resolution petition to the Door County Board over my signature. As best as I can tell, no one else from Door County is interested. Fagin is keeping the names that he has collected to himself - in Minnesota or is it Michigan.

As to writing to Legislators, unless they respect an opponent's (and fear will do) ability to unseat them then pfft! If you purchase access, like a lobbyist, you will get just what a lobbyist does, promises and a bill next year. Ya gotta make them bleed - political capital or blood.

Read The Real Nature of Politics on a pro-gun site. Wonder why the author has never spoken in Wisconsin.
"Letters to the editor". Ha. I still have one they refused to print but the anti-gun letter from someone made it. Excuses range from space to the number of letters with nothing about something I said. I haven't seen a pro-gun letter for quite some time but they did run a neutral article about OCDO. This site is on the move.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have had two pro-gun letters posted in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Two in the Pierce county Herald and recently Lee Christensen's letter in the Hudson star Gazette was posted on this forum. Letters will get published if they follow the paper's rules of composition and are non-aggressive. We have to keep hammering at them. Eventually the snowball will get bigger. It's starting to roll now.

S.E.WI

imported post

Lammie wrote:
I have had two pro-gun letters posted in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Two in the Pierce county Herald and recently Lee Christensen's letter in the Hudson star Gazette was posted on this forum. Letters will get published if they follow the paper's rules of composition and are non-aggressive. We have to keep hammering at them. Eventually the snowball will get bigger. It's starting to roll now.

Please, give my local paper a try. Rules are: "...All material is subject to editing before publication. Letters exceeding 250 words will be edited for length, and they reserve the right to withhold letters which are abusive, malicious or potentially libelous...." "Letters must include the writer's name, municipality, age and telephone number." Just note to withhold any of the following; age and/or phone number.

It's a long story but the publisher had to direct the editor to print one of my letters because the publisher agreed that there wasn't anything wrong with my letter. I haven't seen a pro-gun letter for quite some time now but there was an anti-gun letter about a week ago. It was a better balance in the past so maybe you will have some luck at it. I'll be watching for your letter and you should find the info you need because I list the city.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Will you publish your local paper's 'letters' address, please?

I keep two e-mail addresses on file;

Advocate Letters to the editor <klambert@greenbaypressgazette.com>

Advocate Editor <cecarlso@doorcountyadvocate.com>

Remember though that they are under no requirement to publish but on their agenda. Like their (POS un-usable) on-line forums, letters from activists and controversy are only grist for their mill and they profit from turning the millwheel and not from publishing our opinions.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Parabellum wrote:
Gene, Jim, or Pete usually email all the Patriots with whatever relevant information they have and thats how we keep in contact and informed. But there is not a message board in the works to my knowledge.

Is there an E-mail address you can send me to contact them and get on the list?