• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop Haters

VtCO

State Researcher
imported post

The most vocal of you are no better than the inmates I supervise. Cop hating bigots!

I just finished reading a thread about a "father of 12" getting killed by the cops. Some of you seem to think that the cops are to blame for shooting a guy who they told to get on the ground and then who reached for his gun. Name one of you who wouldn't have done the exact same thing in the cops position? Hypocrites!

This place is supposed to be about educating others about our 2nd Amendment and the ability to Openly Carry a firearm. A few uneducated or jackass cops have made a lot of you into cop haters. It's pathetic.

VtCO

State Researcher
imported post

They weren't. They responded to a "shots fired" situation. They encountered a man with a gun in his waist band. He was ordered to get on the ground. He did not comply. He put his hand towards his gun. They shot. He died.

This isn't by far the only instance of "cop hatery" in here either. Seems half the forum has a thread bashing cops in one way or another.

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

VtCO wrote:
They weren't. They responded to a "shots fired" situation. They encountered a man with a gun in his waist band. He was ordered to get on the ground. He did not comply. He put his hand towards his gun. They shot. He died.

This isn't by far the only instance of "cop hatery" in here either. Seems half the forum has a thread bashing cops in one way or another.
do you think that maybe instead of ordering him on the ground like a slave they could've asked what he was doing? since simply having a gun in your waistband was probably not illegal where this happened. people (especially pissed off people) respond better to questions rather than orders.

have you ever thought they might deserve it in those instances?

point me to the thread you're talking about with the man with a gun :eek:

so i can have an informed opinion

VtCO

State Researcher
imported post

do you think that maybe instead of ordering him on the ground like a slave they could've asked what he was doing? since simply having a gun in your waistband was probably not illegal where this happened. people (especially pissed off people) respond better to questions rather than orders.
Actually I don't think they should have "asked" him. Their lives are on the line. There are people out there who want to kill them for no other reason than they are a cop. If they delay, they are dead.

Each of you on this site walk out of your door each day with the knowledge that you might be the victim of a crime. That is why you do your best to be prepared. You arm yourselves, you make yourselves extra aware of your surroundings, you don't pick arguments, you avoid the bad places in town. Cops are doing the same, except they don't get to avoid the bad situations, they have to go head long into them.

100% of the time if you are the recieving end of a cop yelling at you, you should do what they say. You do not know what they know. For all you know you happen to fit the exact description of a guy that just shot and killed a couple of cops down the street. You know you're not doing anything wrong, but the cops don't. It's their job to figure it out and if they THINK you are not doing right then to arrest you. If you are not doing anything wrong then you'll be fine later (then proceed to sue the hell out of the department). On the street is not the best time to try and argue your innocence.

There have been tons of postings on here to the effect of "keep your mouth shut and don't talk to the cops". I couldn't agree more. But your body language is just as important as you voice. You MUST follow a cops orders. Legal or not. If it is an illegal order then take them to court afterwards, but for gods sake do what they tell you then. It could litterally save your life.

Sure the system is screwed up, but that's what we've got. This is the end result of all the crime we've had over the years. Cops that think everyone is out to get them. God willing it will eventually change, but for now we need to do our part and not give the cops a bad view of us.

Every one of us that is vocal and resists a cop out on the street is doing nothing more than tarnishing our good name (as citizens and as OCers). If a cop really screws up, take them to court. File a formal complaint to their chief, to the mayor, hell to the damn President of the US! But do it formally and properly and through the right channels.

YOU WILL NOT CHANGE A COPS MIND ON THE STREET! I'm speaking from personal experience here. My inmates do the same thing. Try to argue with me over every little thing. If I write them up and I am wrong then it gets figured out at the hearing, but no one has ever convinced me to not write them up once I've made up my mind too.

VtCO

State Researcher
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
VtCO wrote:
Cop hating bigots!
Want to know why people are growingto hate cops lately? They are on a power trip. And a few occasionally get caught on video exercising their power trips.

We didn't pin a badge on this guy's chect that says GOD. How would you feel if this happened to be yourchild?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFaCUksqea4
I'd be pissed as hell that my kid copped and attitude! If you're not pissed at the kid then you're a pansy ass parent and are part of the huge problem in this country. Kids have no respect for their elders these days and when the kid grows up they have no respect for their elders or authority figures either. Guess what, a bunch of you are those kids that have grown up.

Sheriff

imported post

VtCO wrote:
I'd be pissed as hell that my kid copped and attitude! If you're not pissed at the kid then you're a pansy ass parent and are part of the huge problem in this country. Kids have no respect for their elders these days and when the kid grows up they have no respect for their elders or authority figures either. Guess what, a bunch of you are those kids that have grown up.

The kid did not cop an attitude. He simply told the cop he did not hear him at first.

It was all downhill from there when the cop copped an attitude. :lol:

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
VtCO wrote:
Cop hating bigots!
Want to know why people are growingto hate cops lately? They are on a power trip. And a few occasionally get caught on video exercising their power trips.

We didn't pin a badge on this guy's chect that says GOD. How would you feel if this happened to be yourchild?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFaCUksqea4
disturbing. the cop deserves to be beat to near death and never have a job as a cop ever again. throwing down a little kid? i'd be in prison if i had just done that.

and he is right, you keep doing stuff and someone is going to kill you. he is right its going to be a cop killing the kid

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

VtCO wrote:

Actually I don't think they should have "asked" him. Their lives are on the line. There are people out there who want to kill them for no other reason than they are a cop. If they delay, they are dead.

Each of you on this site walk out of your door each day with the knowledge that you might be the victim of a crime. That is why you do your best to be prepared. You arm yourselves, you make yourselves extra aware of your surroundings, you don't pick arguments, you avoid the bad places in town. Cops are doing the same, except they don't get to avoid the bad situations, they have to go head long into them.

100% of the time if you are the recieving end of a cop yelling at you, you should do what they say. You do not know what they know. For all you know you happen to fit the exact description of a guy that just shot and killed a couple of cops down the street. You know you're not doing anything wrong, but the cops don't. It's their job to figure it out and if they THINK you are not doing right then to arrest you. If you are not doing anything wrong then you'll be fine later (then proceed to sue the hell out of the department). On the street is not the best time to try and argue your innocence.

There have been tons of postings on here to the effect of "keep your mouth shut and don't talk to the cops". I couldn't agree more. But your body language is just as important as you voice. You MUST follow a cops orders. Legal or not. If it is an illegal order then take them to court afterwards, but for gods sake do what they tell you then. It could litterally save your life.

Sure the system is screwed up, but that's what we've got. This is the end result of all the crime we've had over the years. Cops that think everyone is out to get them. God willing it will eventually change, but for now we need to do our part and not give the cops a bad view of us.

Every one of us that is vocal and resists a cop out on the street is doing nothing more than tarnishing our good name (as citizens and as OCers). If a cop really screws up, take them to court. File a formal complaint to their chief, to the mayor, hell to the damn President of the US! But do it formally and properly and through the right channels.

YOU WILL NOT CHANGE A COPS MIND ON THE STREET! I'm speaking from personal experience here. My inmates do the same thing. Try to argue with me over every little thing. If I write them up and I am wrong then it gets figured out at the hearing, but no one has ever convinced me to not write them up once I've made up my mind too.

bow to your government master slave.

the only reason their lives were on the line is because they drew down on some guy with a gun.

each time i walk out my door, i don't find someone with a gun in their waist or in their holster and pull mine and demand them lay on the ground and do exactly what i say.

funny i've never been shot either :uhoh:

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I am not a big fan of the near infinite authority we have granted to LE, but since they can shoot you with near impunity, it seems smart to do as demanded.

Sheriff

imported post

ilbob wrote:
I am not a big fan of the near infinite authority we have granted to LE...
Technically, even though you are right in saying they think they have infinate authority, we haven't granted any such authority to law enforcement.Dozens of cops are arrested nationwide every month for crimes committed against civilians. While the cops think they were legal in doing whatever they were doing at the time, they are oftencriminally charged later when it's all sorted out. Most end up losing their jobs, their law enforcement career, and almost everything they own. The magic here is the fact that once a cop is charged with a crime..... the city, county or state does not provide them free legal assitance any longer.

There was a local lawsuit here where I live that just concluded in an out of court settlement. The cop involved was also denied legal assistance byVirginia State Risk Management for wrongful things he said or did while off duty.

Sheriff

imported post

ilbob wrote:
...but since(cops) can shoot you with near impunity, it seems smart to do as demanded.
We agree on the fact they can shoot you with near impunity. This happens when you have cops investigating cops. :lol:

codename_47

imported post

I think the two things people take issue with is the fact that cops face zero accountability for their actions 9 times out of 10 and that they are out of control and that cops are out of control and it is being well documented where in the past it was experienced but unable to be proven.

Look at what happens when a cop "accidently" shoots someone, shoots an innocent person, or shoots an unarmed person when they are raiding a house for a misdomeaner? Rarely if ever are charges brought against them even in the most egriegous cases and on the other hand some are given medals and promoted.

When a cop gets shot, almost always the opposing person is looking a a capital murder charge facing life imprisonment or the death penalty.

Look at the racist SC state police attempting to use deadly force by hitting people with their cars among the other gross excess force cases. They do it ON CAMERA and don't even care that they are being taped because they know they'll walk on any charge or civillian complaint. They have no fear of professional harm or official reprimands because in reality, the risk is nearly zero.

I'd be pissed as hell that my kid copped and attitude!

The first amendment allows me to cop an attitude with anyone I please. It isn't against the law, and giving what you describe as attitude is not grounds for wrestling someone to the ground and assaulting them. Respect is a 2 way street, and Officer Rivieri deserves none. You give some respect, you are more likely to get some.

Cops are doing the same, except they don't get to avoid the bad situations, they have to go head long into them.

Actually, they can avoid bad situations. I never, EVER see cops running into riot situations. They don't HAVE TO run head long into any situation they deem as too dangerous and face ZERO liability if they don't, because the Supreme Court says so. Try that as a soldier, and you face court martial or in a time of war summary execution.

If you are not doing anything wrong then you'll be fine later

That's not true at all. Many, many people have been beaten and killed for allegedly shooting a couple of cops with zero accountability.
Just ask Ronnie White or adolph archie.

You MUST follow a cops orders.
That's not true, either. I don't have to follow a cop telling me to do someting I don't have to do. For example, if a cop asks me to produce my ID, I'll suggest he fly a kite. If he "orders" me, I'll laugh and again refuse, since he has no legal authority to give me orders. Touch me and I'll sue.

YOU WILL NOT CHANGE A COPS MIND ON THE STREET!
I agree 100%. Give them a solid beat down in court, take their money, take their time, and make them never, EVER think of approaching another OCer. When cops fear the people, we'll be where we need to be as a country.

Nobody hates cops because of the profession they chose, some people hate cops for the decisions they make.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This thread really just needs to go away.

The OP is just an attack on certain forum members. And a strongattack at that.Its guaranteed to start a heated argument. The threadneeds to be dropped or deleted.

If you must participate in this thread, please differentiate, omit generalities, give sound reasoning, and leave out the heat. Focus on the problems with American policing today, historically. From the point of view of the several topics allowed by the board rules, e.g. liberty, gun rights, etc.