• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missoula OC

polarbz

imported post

I recently started OC'ing in and around Missoula, MT. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has had any issues with any stores or establishments in Missoula. So far, I have had none.

I have also been in contact with a Missoula PD Captain, and he confirms that they know its the citizen's right to carry openly, but that the police department has not had much contact with citizen's who do.

Just seeing if anyone has had any positive or negative experiences in the Missoula area.

MontanaCZ

imported post

I was informed by someone that OC is banned in the City of Missoula limits. With my understanding of state law, this cannot be the case as that would be above state law. Since you guys are doing it there, I would guess that I am correct. Am I?

-MTCZ

Ninelivez

imported post

MontanaCZ wrote:
I was informed by someone that OC is banned in the City of Missoula limits.  With my understanding of state law, this cannot be the case as that would be above state law.  Since you guys are doing it there, I would guess that I am correct.  Am I?

-MTCZ

I have talked to both city cop's and sheriff's while OCing,They noticed and said nothing other then to ask Q's about my choice of pistol.

polarbz

imported post

Whoever told you that is mistaken. When I first came to Missoula, I contacted the Police Department and the response I got from the Assistant Chief of Police was that it IS legal, just not common.