• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fresno Meet and Greet - Anyone Up For It?

fresno-opencarry-now

imported post

I want to start oc'ing by setting up a local meet and greet here in Fresno with others who ALREADY oc or have no problem oc'ing in Fresno. Just like most others who are not ready to go it alone, I need to "pop my oc cherry" so to speak as well as locate others in the Fresno area who have already dealt with the common issues and miss-calls that relate to a person oc'ing in our city.

I want to try and make it up to the Turlock event BUT also feel that here in Fresno and the surrounding cities we should have plenty of residents who oc or want to AND more then ready for a meet and greet with others.

We have two mayoral candidates in the running Swearengin and Perea and think it would be great to get our message to both of them and see WHO is for us and who is against us. To be honest, I think BOTH would be against it BUT you never know until you find out.

I have been in a few politicial campaigns here in Fresno and getting the press to any location is pretty simply and I have an entire list of all local media anyways.

So my question is, who in Fresno ALREADY oc's and would want to get something like this going.

I would like to follow what other cities are doing by setting up a potential oc meet and greet whether at a park or restaraunt so we can eat and discuss guns or whatever we want really and then break off into teams (for those who want to) and hand deliver the oc flyers to the local gun shops here in Fresno.

We would need to make sure each location we go to is legal to do and we don't get loop-holed into a school zone or issue.

If this interests anyone then please contact me. I tried seeing who might be interested in an oc litter removal but didn't really get much response SO maybe a lunch would be more up a persons alley so to speak.....

Rickster

imported post

Looks Like the turnout in Turlock worked out great! Thats good News indeed. I think we will need more of a support base to do the same thing here in Fresno.When i see more interst,Ill be there!

Rick

fresno-opencarry-now

imported post

Happy to hear that Rickster,

I know we have plenty of people in the Fresno/Clovis area ready for an event. I think it is more of a , set it up and they will come sort of thing. So far it seems that each meet and greet goes over very well and I doubt it would be any different here in Fresno either.