• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My OC LOG

DocWalker

imported post

After getting off work Friday 11 July 2008 I drove to Nampa for the Snake River Chilli Cook off. My freind asked me to help him with his entry. I carried my SW 5904 9mm becasue its light and very accurate. I wore a white polo shirt with blue jeans (gun and holster are black) so they are very visable. His booth was straight across from the Nampa police booth...:D The Nampa police walked by be behind me and all around me. I even chatted with the Nampa Police Chief as I served him Chilli. He noticed my weapon but didn't even care...and he never even meet me before.

Way to go Nampa Police Department:celebrate

They only looks I got where from to C.O.P's both about 80 years old as we where packing up I heard them talking trying to figure out if I was a new officer or maybe from other department maybe. I was in a hurry so I didn't have time to tell them I was just a law abiding citizen and its the law talk to the Chief.....:lol:

DocWalker

bourneshooter

imported post

Way to go. The NPD seems very aware of the OC laws. My brother - who just turned 18 so he can OC finally - talks with the Chief on a semi-frequent basis. ;) Good things come about when you have that contact!

Keep up the OC!

Hiredgun30

imported post

the nampa PD doesnt have time to worry about law abiding citizens oc'ing.
more and more MS-13 graffitti showing up around nampa and caldwell