• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member in SD

SDguy

imported post

Until today I have been a lerker at this site. I live in western SD but travel regularly in the ajoining states to South Dakota. I carry regularly but lately have done so open carry without any problems with folks.

I just returned from a trip from SD thru Wyoming and to Colorado. I open carried for a week thru the entire trip with no problems. Officers in Wyoming ate dinner across from me in a small town restaurant, saw my open carry semi-auto and ignored me.

Although I have a SD CCW and have carried concealed for years, I am going to carry openly until the weather turns cold again.

Post your SD carry questions here and I will attempt to answer them as best as I can.