Thread: OC + CHL and Deaf

Post imported post

Hello, I have stumbled into this site and I found this to be quite informative. I have a question. I'm myself deaf and I don't see any statues which will probhits me from OCing and also if anybody knows in regards to my disability and the ability of obtaining a CHL while retaining the disability in question, my deafness.

I don't want to be frustrated when I go ahead and apply for my CHL because most of the time I've been treated like crap even just because I can drive...

Anybody with knowledge, please feel free to chime in on this. Many thanks.

Banned

Post imported post

Jon855 wrote:
    Hello, I have stumbled into this site and I found this to be quite informative. I have a question. I'm myself deaf and I don't see any statues which will probhits me from OCing and also if anybody knows in regards to my disability and the ability of obtaining a CHL while retaining the disability in question, my deafness.

I don't want to be frustrated when I go ahead and apply for my CHL because most of the time I've been treated like crap even just because I can drive...

Anybody with knowledge, please feel free to chime in on this. Many thanks.
    hi, thanks for joining.

there are no physical requirements to getting a CHL in oregon as far as i know.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Should not be an issue. If you don't already have the training and you're in the Portland area, your best bet is the Multnomah County Sheriff's training evening for CHL that happens on Tuesday.

Email the CHL Unit.

http://www.mcso.us/public/concealed_handgun.htm

Ask them to acommidate for your disability during one of their training sessions.

Post imported post

Thank you guys, I'm just asking because I'm going to be moving back to Oregon, I'm still a resident there just that I just got out of college and am holding a job currently in Maryland.

Thanks once again.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Hi and welcome to OCDO, it's good to have you here.

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum!

I encourage you to look into the info Lonnie gave you. Best of luck with getting your CHL and happy OCing!

-Badger
    1911 before dialing 911.