• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Updated Notices of Range Visits

Seabolt

Ada County. (now ogden, layton area), Idaho, USA
imported post

I Think Ive Seen your green Subaru out there before. but personally i prefer the NGMA off of pleasant valley rd. I dont notice the washboards.. Thank you air ride :celebrate

Im usually in a Gold 4dr LS400 sedan with police plates and tinted windows.

BrianEMT

imported post

Probably so, and now that I think about it I might have seen your vehicle out there too. I went by there the other day only to see the new brown sign that prohibits shooting in the area around the water, although I'm not sure if this applies to the entire property.

But either way I have a new location now too. :)

Seabolt

imported post

Yes they now have signs that say no shooting on the entire area. However whileI was reading the sign there were about 8-9 vehicles out there shooting. I dont think anyone else has looked at the signs other than the person that pepperd it with bird shot from a shotgun.

BrianEMT

imported post

Seabolt wrote:
Yes they now have signs that say no shooting on the entire area. However whileI was reading the sign there were about 8-9 vehicles out there shooting. I dont think anyone else has looked at the signs other than the person that pepperd it with bird shot from a shotgun.
If the assholes that went out there knew the first thing about gun safety and packed out what they packed in, it might still be open.

4liberty

imported post

BrianEMT wrote:
Seabolt wrote:
If the @#$%s that went out there knew the first thing about gun safety and packed out what they packed in, it might still be open.
Why can't people leave stuff out there? Isn't it our land? The government will use any excuse to limit people's rights. Taken just a little further you should "pack out" the bullets you shot into the ground. Trust me it will get that bad if we allow them to post signs on public land and limit our rights. I say shoot away and let them stop us.

Seabolt

imported post

4liberty wrote:
BrianEMT wrote:
If the @#$%s that went out there knew the first thing about gun safety and packed out what they packed in, it might still be open.
Why can't people leave stuff out there? Isn't it our land? The government will use any excuse to limit people's rights. Taken just a little further you should "pack out" the bullets you shot into the ground. Trust me it will get that bad if we allow them to post signs on public land and limit our rights. I say shoot away and let them stop us.
Its not about us packing out our bullets, and we were never really given the right to shoot guns. They had left that area alone for us all to go out there and shoot and never cared. but over time the place started looking like the county land fill. I saw so many shot up computers, tv screens, washers, driers, refridgerators, propane tanks... the list goes on. personally i enjoyed that area, the same way i enjoy my yard. i dont leave garbage all over my yard for that reason. if everyone really cared about that area then they wouldnt leave their garbage out there. and thats why they made ita no shooting area. the county had to go out and pick up all the old couches and empty aerosol cans over and over. yet no one got the hint. it made me sad that everytime i went out there i would bring home 2 bags of trash that wasnt mine. but thatsJMO.

4liberty

imported post

Your a nice guy and I agree that I don't want people to junk up the place but all I can see is continuous rules banning everything. At some point the public has to say no and stand against the government.

Cougar125

imported post

What ever happened to the Pickle Butte area out by the landfill in Canyon County?

My brother told me that it got closed to shooting because people wanted to ride dirt bikes.

4liberty

imported post

Cougar125 wrote:
What ever happened to the Pickle Butte area out by the landfill in Canyon County? 

My brother told me that it got closed to shooting because people wanted to ride dirt bikes.

It was closed down but only for safety reasons. The county built a nice range further to the southwest side of pickle butte. I am replying on a iPhone or I would include a map. I will try to post later with a map.

BrianEMT

imported post

Seabolt wrote:
4liberty wrote:
BrianEMT wrote:
Its not about us packing out our bullets, and we were never really given the right to shoot guns. They had left that area alone for us all to go out there and shoot and never cared. but over time the place started looking like the county land fill. I saw so many shot up computers, tv screens, washers, driers, refridgerators, propane tanks... the list goes on. personally i enjoyed that area, the same way i enjoy my yard. i dont leave garbage all over my yard for that reason. if everyone really cared about that area then they wouldnt leave their garbage out there. and thats why they made ita no shooting area. the county had to go out and pick up all the old couches and empty aerosol cans over and over. yet no one got the hint. it made me sad that everytime i went out there i would bring home 2 bags of trash that wasnt mine. but thatsJMO.
And lets not forget the man who blew himself to pieces by filling a washing machine full of black powder and shooting incendiaries at it while standing a few feet away...

4liberty

imported post

BrianEMT wrote:
Seabolt wrote:
4liberty wrote:
BrianEMT wrote:
And lets not forget the man who blew himself to pieces by filling a washing machine full of black powder and shooting incendiaries at it while standing a few feet away...
You can't legislate against stupidity. Those types of people tend to take themselves out of the gene pool.

4liberty

imported post

I said I would post a map of the new (about 2 years old) range south of nampa. Here it is. Simple directions: go south out of Nampa, take right on Missouri then left on Farner and then follow the posed map.