Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Anheuser-Busch Agrees to InBev Sale

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,381523,00.html



    http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2008/0...ser-busch.html

    6/19/2008 Note on InBev's bid to take over Anheuser-Busch A friend of mine from Brazil forwarded me this message about InBev, which is trying to aquire Anheuser-Busch.

    Subject: A little more spice (InBev x Anheuser-Busch)
    (google translation)

    You knew that Ambev (InBev group, on Brazil) was a major donor campaign to prevent the Brazilian citizen possessing arms and ammunition?

    Note that here it is almost impossible to bear arms legally, apparently not satisfied with it Ambev donated $ 400000.00 (four hundred thousand reais) to support the campaign to prevent even the possession of weapons by the Brazilian citizen, in the referendum of 2005.

    Will be ironic attend a North American funding the anti-gun groups each time that drink a beer.

    Regards,

    Julibio David Ardigo, Dr.Eng.
    Professor of Udesc and Unisul

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles Area, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,723

    Post imported post

    Anheuser-Busch Agrees to Be Sold for $52 Billion
    I've been drinking Budweiser (ONLY)for about 15 years.

    I WILL NEVER DRINK ANOTHER ONE !!!!!!!! :X





  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    263

    Post imported post

    "As an avid sportsman and hunter, I believe that we must protect our right to bear arms. I also believe in teaching our children proper respect for firearms and the freedom that our forefathers gave us with the Second Amendment." -- Pete Coors (current chairman of the Coors Brewing company)



  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran Nelson_Muntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manassas, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    697

    Post imported post

    Nothing AB ever brewed could properly be called beer anyway. Maybe the Belgians will teach them something.

    OTOH, if InBev gets rid of those football playing horses, there's gonna be some serious Red Belly when I get ahold of ya.

    :X

  5. #5
    Regular Member Mainsail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,532

    Post imported post

    People still drink that swill?

    This is beer:



  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles Area, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,723

    Post imported post

    thorvaldr wrote:
    "As an avid sportsman and hunter, I believe that we must protect our right to bear arms. I also believe in teaching our children proper respect for firearms and the freedom that our forefathers gave us with the Second Amendment." -- Pete Coors (current chairman of the Coors Brewing company)


    I Might have found a new beer


    Also, It's not a matter of just taste guys.

    It'a already bad enough that foreigners own more of America than Americans

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    460

    Post imported post

    Never one of my favorite beverages anyway. The sad thing is that this is just another example of how American values are being lost because foreign interests own more of this country than natives do.

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Graham, Texas
    Posts
    313

    Post imported post

    I don't know their political situation, but one of the best beers I've ever tasted.

    http://www.shiner.com/

  9. #9
    Regular Member mtlhdtodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Federal Way, Wa
    Posts
    123

    Post imported post

    Mainsail wrote:
    People still drink that swill?

    This is beer:

    This and Alaskan Amber are my two favs. Sludgewiser is not beer.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Prophet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    Im a big fan of mircro brews, arrogant bastard, rogue, anchor just to name a few...but if bud wants to sell out to socialist european interests then i think its time that a new "national" beer take its place. Coors would be an obvious choice but their beer tastes like swill...so i say Sam Adams. Good beer, good all american name, good founding father etc.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    263

    Post imported post

    DopaVash wrote:
    I don't know their political situation, but one of the best beers I've ever tasted.

    http://www.shiner.com/
    Now that I think of it, I resent the idea that beer companies (or cartoon mouse oppressors for that matter) should have a "political situation". But yes, shiner is a wonderful beer. Shiner is one of the things I remember fondly from the 2.5 too many years I spent in Houston.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    I was raised on COORS but haven't tasted it since they went national. Why a 'national' beer at all?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles Area, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,723

    Post imported post

    Prophet wrote:
    so i say Sam Adams. Good beer, good all american name, good founding father etc.


    No Doubt

    Sam Adams commercials will get me off the couch just to go to the store and buy their Beer.

    It's always the "We use a pound" of whatever it is. :what:That gets me.

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Graham, Texas
    Posts
    313

    Post imported post

    1Lbs of hops. I don't care for hoppy beers myself, but I like their stance and being prideful of their craft, something long lost on many American Companys because they sacrifice so many of their morals to get ahead that they can't be proud of what they've created.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    I enjoy Sam Adams but cringe inside at sending my money to Boston. Instead I often drink Amber Bock which keeps my $ in MO. Now that my $ will be trucking off to Brazil via Belgium with AB products, Sam Adams and other small US breweries it is from here on out.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    263

    Post imported post

    Maybe we should contact Samuel Adams concerning their views on gun control, guns in the parking lot laws, etc. before we recomend them.

    I don't actually drink a lot of beer, anyway. I just hope that Carlo Rossi isn't owned by Disney, Weirhauser, or Handgun Control Incorperated.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Prophet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    thorvaldr wrote:
    Maybe we should contact Samuel Adams concerning their views on gun control, guns in the parking lot laws, etc. before we recomend them.

    I don't actually drink a lot of beer, anyway. I just hope that Carlo Rossi isn't owned by Disney, Weirhauser, or Handgun Control Incorperated.
    Good idea...

    OR

    we could raise some money and start our own brewery making beers like "Smoking Gun Ale", "Second Amendment Stout" and "1911 Lager"

  18. #18
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Graham, Texas
    Posts
    313

    Post imported post

    Prophet wrote:
    thorvaldr wrote:
    Maybe we should contact Samuel Adams concerning their views on gun control, guns in the parking lot laws, etc. before we recomend them.

    I don't actually drink a lot of beer, anyway. I just hope that Carlo Rossi isn't owned by Disney, Weirhauser, or Handgun Control Incorperated.
    Good idea...

    OR

    we could raise some money and start our own brewery making beers like "Smoking Gun Ale", "Second Amendment Stout" and "1911 Lager"
    You, sir, are pure Genius.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •