• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Declaratory Ruling Requested in Connecticut

Edward Peruta

imported post

The judge in New Britain dismissed my request for a Declaratory Ruling on the three questions, and notice of an appeal of his decsion has been filed with the court.

Additionally, a request for Declaratory Ruling will soon be filed with one or more state agencies by another individual. The request will more than likely contain more than the original three questions and MAY be filed with the Commissioner of Public Safety, the Chief State's Attorney and the Attorney General.

Look for the topic "FOOD FOR THOUGHT" on this message board.

There is information posted regarding the issues that may be addressed in the new request(s).

You will find an Ala Carte list of issues in my recent post at :

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum14/26280.html

SlackwareRobert

imported post

What was the reasoning used to throw out the request?
Did she point to the agency you should approach for the information?

But do they do oral arguments like the appellate does, and grill both sides
lawyers on how they see the law for a fixed time period?

Do you get a copy of the oral arguments? If so I hope to read how the thing went,
after the earlier transcripts really have me interested in how this was argued.
The first ones sounded like cheap hollywood gansta rap dialog.

romma

imported post

Thank You Ed for your efforts, and the positveimpression you made on CCDL last month also (technically still in this month).

Look forward to seeing you on the 9th!

Scott

ESCH

imported post

First off, thank you Ed for your work and dedication to this topic. I just recently became aware of this.

What was the reason for dismissal? What is the status of the appeal?

Edward Peruta

imported post

The court relied upon the statement of Assistant Attorney General Beizer that I had not exhausted my administrative remedies and that the Commissioner ofPublic Safety was willing, able and ready to renders declaratory rulings on the issues. presented to the court.

I have in addition to this post, posted a written exchange between myself and DPS over similar issues, together with the question which looks to resolve my belief that the Commissioner of Public Safety DOES NOT have the authority to enforce HIS rulings against local law enforcement members or their departments.

There is currently an appeal on this topic.

Everything takes time, resources and money.

I'd like to have things move faster, but know that it doesn't work that way.

Many issues are still in the wind so staty tuned to these issues.

Collectively we have made great strides and caused many changes in the way firearms issues are addressed in Connecticut, and I believe more are soon to follow.