• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flint Talk Radio looking for guests on open carry.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

FYI:

Jerry Brewer and Ihave an internet talk show about open and concealed carry as well as 2[suP]nd[/suP] amendment topics. The show is The Saturday afternoon shootout[/i][/b] and is live every other Saturday at 3:00 PM out of a studio in Flint, Michigan. The shows last from one to two hours depending on the topics. We have done several shows so far with good success. You can see the studio’s website at: [url]http://www.flinttalkradio.com/sas.htm[/url]

To hear past shows go to: http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=16545&cmd=tc

While most of our topics relate to Michigan we have had people participate from other states and would like to expand to a national audience. When listening live the site has a chat room and you can talk with other listeners and ask questions on-line or call in at 810-208-1854. We would love to hear some other perspectives as well as your open carry experiences, so check us out. The next show is scheduled for July 26[suP]th[/suP], 3:00 PM.

Thanks,

Brian Jeffs, Michigan Open Carry.

Michigander

imported post

As I hinted at in the Michigan forum, I think this thread should be stickied if one of you moderators could kindly do that.

I really think that the idea of a national open carry internet radio show has potential. I can remember a while ago reading an article in the news section that defined us as "loosely knit". I think that a radio show that many if not most of us participated and at least listened to would make us much more of a tightly knit group, not to mention give us a chance to share our most pertinant OC experiences and knowledge that we might not otherwise share because of people not checking on state forums other than their own.

In general, a big radio show will make our cause grow, and eventually if it got big enough, you guys could book special guests. Types like gun rights organization leaders, or Ted Nugent, probably wouldn't be too hard to get. Plus, they would be something you could let people know about in advance to get them to listen live, and perhaps call in.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Michigander wrote:
As I hinted at in the Michigan forum, I think this thread should be stickied if one of you moderators could kindly do that.

I really think that the idea of a national open carry internet radio show has potential. I can remember a while ago reading an article in the news section that defined us as "loosely knit". I think that a radio show that many if not most of us participated and at least listened to would make us much more of a tightly knit group, not to mention give us a chance to share our most pertinant OC experiences and knowledge that we might not otherwise share because of people not checking on state forums other than their own.

In general, a big radio show will make our cause grow, and eventually if it got big enough, you guys could book special guests. Types like gun rights organization leaders, or Ted Nugent, probably wouldn't be too hard to get. Plus, they would be something you could let people know about in advance to get them to listen live, and perhaps call in.
Ted Nugent is anti-OC he could be a guest, but he most likely wouldn't help the cause.