• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carrying

Jaycob

imported post

Im new to the state of Louisiana. I wanna know the laws of open carrying. Can my clip be in the pistol but not loaded? Can it be loaded? Also im 20 years old,and i was told that I have to be over 17 to open carry, is this true?

danbus

imported post

Jaycob wrote:
Im new to the state of Louisiana. I wanna know the laws of open carrying. Can my clip be in the pistol but not loaded? Can it be loaded? Also im 20 years old,and i was told that I have to be over 17 to open carry, is this true?

Check out the posts in the LA state section.

Also...it's a "mag".:p

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jaycob wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
This belongs in the Louisiana forum, not here.
dont tell me where this goes, are you the forum police?:banghead:
Welcome to the forum Jaycob.

OCDO is mainly a self-moderated site and we try to help each other keep on topic and post things in the right places, especially new members who may not be aware of the various sub-forums, such as the state forums, or forum customs. If you have state specific questions such as the carry law in LA, you will tend to get better, quicker, more complete answers in that state's sub-forum as many very knowledgeable members about state's laws mostly visit their individual state forums rather than the general forum threads. Plus, answers to a lot of state specific questions that new members tend to have can be found with a little perusing of that state's sub-forum.

Hope you enjoy the forum. Lots of good information if you take a few minutes to dig around the various sub-forums (the search function on the forum kinda sucks though) and many people willing to give help and information.

Weak 9mm

imported post

I think I see a couple of Hi Points.

You got away with owning those things for today Jacob! Well, I can't guarantee that actually, because "today" is really "tomorrow" now that I just thought about it. I may not be able to hold out that long. :p