• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO get together, August 2nd, Las Vegas

calmp9

imported post

Wheel wrote:
yes, I think that's the case with all the indoor ranges.  It's a safety issue and I don't really blame them considering some of the idiots out there.

Outdoors only for real practice!

Double tapping, rapid fire, and open or concealed carry at an indoor range are both safety and insurance issues. The premiums to insure an indoor range are extremely high.

Range owners and insurance carriers fear that AD that leads to serious injury or death. There are stupid people out there. Remember that idiot ATF agent who was the only one "expert" enough in his classroom to handle his Glock 40 S&W? Shot himself right in the foot and with children around. Remember that idiot female Las Vegas police officer who almost shot a handcuffed suspect? Things like this can happen anytime.

The owners that allow open or concealed carry in indoor ranges are taking a big risk and are subjecting themselves to some big lawsuits if something bad happens.

While I believe in the right to open or conceal carry anywhere the law allows, I can understand the owners' side of it. I have never been to the two ranges mentioned above, so I am not defending them on a personal level.

Wheel

imported post

calmp9 wrote:
Wheel wrote:
yes, I think that's the case with all the indoor ranges. It's a safety issue and I don't really blame them considering some of the idiots out there.

Double tapping, rapid fire, and open or concealed carry at an indoor range are both safety and insurance issues. The premiums to insure an indoor range are extremely high.

Range owners and insurance carriers fear that AD that leads to serious injury or death. There are stupid people out there. Remember that idiot ATF agent who was the only one "expert" enough in his classroom to handle his Glock 40 S&W? Shot himself right in the foot and with children around. Remember that idiot female Las Vegas police officer who almost shot a handcuffed suspect? Things like this can happen anytime.

The owners that allow open or concealed carry in indoor ranges are taking a big risk and are subjecting themselves to some big lawsuits if something bad happens.

While I believe in the right to open or conceal carry anywhere the law allows, I can understand the owners' side of it. I have never been to the two ranges mentioned above, so I am not defending them on a personal level.

agree.

icode

imported post

calmp9 wrote:
Wheel wrote:
yes, I think that's the case with all the indoor ranges. It's a safety issue and I don't really blame them considering some of the idiots out there.

But that is the business THEY CHOSE to get into. No one forced them to open a gun store and range. And of course no one can force them to allow OC in their store either. IMO if you're going into the business you accept the risks that go along with it, those that don't and therefore don't allow OC in their store/range WON'T get my support, period.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I spoke with PT's a little over a week ago about their ability to handle 5-15 people at that time of day in that location.

At least two of our Nevada members have had positive things to say about their OC experiences at PT's.

Whether any individual from here chooses to carry open or concealed or not at all, is none of my business, and I don't intend to approach a restaurant to say, "mind if a bunch of guys with guns show up for a late lunch?"

The purpose of this event is to meet and get to know some of the local Clark County folks who frequent our forum. It's not a staged political or activism event. I'm sure PT's would not send a group of cops in for their lunch break to go somewhere else. I expect we'll receive similarly courteous treatment if anyone happens to be openly armed.

This is not an "OC-required" get together. Please join us for some food and conversation. Come as you are, armed or no.

yeahYeah

imported post

I'll be cc'n probably because of my plans afterwards. I am looking forward to meeting you all. I've been in town a year but am still a noob in many regards.

shotdown

imported post

Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for awhile but never posted since I've never open carried here in Las Vegas. I do, however, enjoy reading your posts. I wanted to post now because I wanted to take the opportunity and meet some of you and finally open carry. So I'm hoping, if all goes well, I'll make it out to PT's tomorrow.

yeahYeah

imported post

shotdown wrote:
Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for awhile but never posted since I've never open carried here in Las Vegas. I do, however, enjoy reading your posts. I wanted to post now because I wanted to take the opportunity and meet some of you and finally open carry. So I'm hoping, if all goes well, I'll make it out to PT's tomorrow.
Cool man! See ya then.

See Everyone at 2 @ PT's!

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I feel very bad about missing this, since I was the one who got the ball rolling. But, the baby came much later than expected, and I just can't leave my wife alone with 4 kids 2 days after coming home from the hospital.

I hope you all have a great time, and I'm looking forward to doing it again soon.

-Bob

yeahYeah

imported post

babies happen bob...no worries. i just hope i am not the only there. I will be pissed ;-)

for everyone else going, i'll have on camoflage shorts and a white t-shirt.

Wheel

imported post

bah. Got off work early, and I'm already home, north of Aliante. Needless to say I don't feel like 2 more across-town trips. Gonna have to miss it. Drat!

Maybe we can do it again some time in a location that's a bit more central?