• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Warren, 8/16/08.

warlockmatized

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
what does the news paper mean when they say the leo will be monitering us is there anything to worry about??
NO worries...

It is MY opinion that as long as everyone follows "lawful" open carry, we will have ZERO issues.

I think that was printed for two reasons.

1.) To give a sense of safety and control to the community. Since it was on the front page of the local paper.

2.) To give us that looming feeling that big brother is watching us.

Those types of things have been said by LEO in the past. Just make sure you are legal and you are good to go.

warlockmatized

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
thank you it sort of sitting on my mind and i am just nervous new place to o.c ya know
If you are at ALL worried. DON'T OC, but at a minimum attend. I myself WILL be OC'ing. Since i am perfectly legal and WELL within my rights to do so, i personally have NOTHING to fear.

warlockmatized

imported post

Look I am NOT here to talk anyone into anything. Come, don't come. Carry, don't carry. The choice is YOURS. It is "MY" opinion that "this" OC picnic will be no different than any other. A complete educational success.

Michigander

imported post

I'd just like to be another person saying that it's way better to attend and not carry than not to show up. Remember, it's about meeting each other, not flaunting our sidearms. Open carry is the cause, but that doesn't mean we have to do it to have fun at a picnic. :)

warlockmatized

imported post

Michigander wrote:
I'd just like to be another person saying that it's way better to attend and not carry than not to show up. Remember, it's about meeting each other, not flaunting our sidearms. Open carry is the cause, but that doesn't mean we have to do it to have fun at a picnic. :)
EXACTLY!

Haman J.T.

imported post

It is my opinion that if you have exhausted all of the reading material on these threads, all the legal statements of law, in order to see for yourself as I have done, there will always be that nagging, mistrust of the LEO's and the governing system we live with. I have as many times before went ahead and feared, and did what was right and legal. When I'm on the other side of the situation, I always wonder why I wasted my time worrying about it! It was always easier to go through the situation the next time . It's called growth or matureing. You always come out stronger! God Bless and see you there! Also thank you guy's!

ChuckB

imported post

Beautiful weather today...... And a great turnout! I showed up after channel 4 left but I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone there, my buddy Mike enjoyed himself too. Great bunch of people, I look forward to another meeting :celebrate

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ChuckB wrote:
Beautiful weather today...... And a great turnout! I showed up after channel 4 left but I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone there, my buddy Mike enjoyed himself too. Great bunch of people, I look forward to another meeting :celebrate
30 seconds of story after they shot for at least an hour. kind of disappointing, but better than nothing.:?

warlockmatized

imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
ChuckB wrote:
30 seconds of story after they shot for at least an hour. kind of disappointing, but better than nothing.:?
I consider having a sound byte of the reporter saying " it is perfectly legal" a check in the win box. Wish they would post it on their website, so we can share it on OCDO.

Edit: added thought

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
ChuckB wrote:
I consider having a sound byte of the reporter saying " it is perfectly legal" a check in the win box. Wish they would post it on their website, so we can share it on OCDO.

absolutely! and you looked fantastic!;)

warlockmatized

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
ChuckB wrote:

absolutely! and you looked fantastic!;)
OMG! hahaha

warlockmatized

imported post

I would like to thank all those who participated today. It was great to meet and speak with everyone. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves. I know for myself and my family, we had a wonderful day.

Haman J.T.

imported post

I was amazed. I felt burnt out when I left and when my wife saw me she said I was burnt! A new record for sun exposure for me this year. We both saw the short shot on the news and it went well as could be expected. Front page and evening news, not bad for prayers to be answered that way! The message is out and I did'nt have to win the mega game and buy a news paper or tv station to get the truth out! I'll be lookin forward to another and hope to go the distance next time! Take care!

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
ChuckB wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYY6-yGVn9c
well, i did my best, but all i had to record with was my cell phone. hopefully channel 4 will post it.

warlockmatized

imported post

ocdowarrenip1.jpg
ocdowarrenca9.jpg

stanr2

imported post

Hello Ron,

Thanks so much for the Great time and good information. I enjoyed talking to you and you wife. I will be here if you need any help for any upcoming events.

Regards,

Stan