• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Warren, 8/16/08.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I just had one of them thoughts that hurt. I forgot about you members with sugar problems, what other form of desert or whatever can I get to accomodate you? The "Apple log" is basicly homemade bread with canned cinnamon apple filling and light sprinkle of powdered sugar on top.

Most diabetics know what they can and can't eat. They need to be concerned about their daily carbohydrate intake as well as what kinds of carbs they eat. So a diabetic can have a small piece of cake or sweet stuff from time to time, they just have to count the carbs and cut back on something else for the day. The bad thing is that refined (white) sugars raises your blood glucose very quickly (Bad), whereas an apple has natural sugar's that raises the glucose more slowly (good)and is better for you.

So bring on the apple log.

cupcake

imported post

If it doesn't cost me 10 hours of overtime, I'll be there! Overtime isn't scheduled until that week, usually tuesday or weds.

I'll supply a bag of pre-soaked charcoal. Even If I can't make it, I'll deliver it to someone local that will definately be going.

warlockmatized

imported post

Any chance of someone with proper wording skills to put together a little press release statement to be sent to local media, similiar to the Hastings one for THIS event?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
Hey hamaneggs, can we count on ya for some paper plates and plastic ware?
If someone does not chime in on the paper and plastic, let me know a day or two before the event and I will bring it.

DanM

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
Any chance of someone with proper wording skills to put together a little press release statement to be sent to local media, similiar to the Hastings one for THIS event?

I believe I'm fairly adept at written communication (please see my "Auburn Hills" threads). Give me an outline or a prior example of a statement which you want tailored, and I'm sure I can produce a well-written, grammatically correct, and 100% spell-checked product we can send to local media.

Also, count me in as a tentative attendee, ready with holstered Kel-Tec 9mm.

Regards,

Dan

SpringerXDacp

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
Warlock, where did you see this press release statement?

warlockmatized

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
From the ORIGINAL Hastings thread. It reads as follows.Emphasis added by me.

[align=center]Press Release – For Immediate Distribution[/align]
In response to the Police Chief of Hastings, Chief Sarver, law-abiding
citizens will be walking down Main Street in Hastings open carrying.
Chief Sarver in response to a letter to the editor responded by saying it was
brandishing, a misdemeanor. He failed to say that the Michigan Attorney
General’s office wrote him telling him that open carry is not against the law. We are asking anyone who is interested in furthering their Second
Amendment rights to join us on Thursday, July 24th at 4 PM. We will be
meeting at Richie's Coffee Shop (146 W. State Street, Hastings, MI 49058).
An attorney that supports your right to keep and bear arms will be joining us.

It is important to note that this is a peaceful demonstration of our constitutional rights and everyone must be on their best behavior. All well mannered, law-abiding citizens are welcome to join us. Please RSVP if you can. Please do not dress like a paramilitary organization. Wear ordinary clothing that fits in well with the general public.

If you have any questions you can contact me at dstevens@iserv.net.

David Stevens
Barry County Citizens for Second Amendment and Firearm Rights (B-SAFR)

SpringerXDacp

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
From the ORIGINAL Hastings thread. It reads as follows.Emphasis added by me.

[align=center]Press Release – For Immediate Distribution[/align]
In response to the Police Chief of Hastings, Chief Sarver, law-abiding
citizens will be walking down Main Street in Hastings open carrying.
Chief Sarver in response to a letter to the editor responded by saying it was
brandishing, a misdemeanor. He failed to say that the Michigan Attorney
General’s office wrote him telling him that open carry is not against the law. We are asking anyone who is interested in furthering their Second
Amendment rights to join us on Thursday, July 24th at 4 PM. We will be
meeting at Richie's Coffee Shop (146 W. State Street, Hastings, MI 49058).
An attorney that supports your right to keep and bear arms will be joining us.

It is important to note that this is a peaceful demonstration of our constitutional rights and everyone must be on their best behavior. All well mannered, law-abiding citizens are welcome to join us. Please RSVP if you can. Please do not dress like a paramilitary organization. Wear ordinary clothing that fits in well with the general public.

If you have any questions you can contact me at dstevens@iserv.net.

David Stevens
Barry County Citizens for Second Amendment and Firearm Rights (B-SAFR)
Gotch ya!!! I think this is what DanM was asking for, an outline. See a few posts up.

daewoomofo

imported post

as a newbie to open cary id like to attend this meeting. if there is any thing that is needed for me to bring let me know.

oh and thank you for informing me of my rights, i thoughtOC was illegal, now i know the truth.

ChuckB

imported post

Daewoo,

This will be my first metting with this group and likely my first open carry experience as well! I'm looking forward to it.

I believe paper plates and plasticware are still needed.

See you there!

warlockmatized

imported post

Welcome to the forum daewoomofo.

You and anyone that you would like to bring along are MORE than welcome to attend, NO permission needed. Just show up, mingle, and enjoy yourself. A stack of paper plates and some plastic ware would be MORE than appreciated. If you would rather bring a dish to pass, do that. Even if you cannot bring anything....at least attend and see for yourself, what does NOT happen.

daewoomofo

imported post

well plastic waer and paper plates are kinda "important", with this being my first oc event id rather no be relied on to bring somemthing every one NEEDS. (just incase i cant show up) i do plan to attend, but plans can change in the time from now til then. ill try to bring some kinda dish. thanks for the open invite, a coworker is also gonna try to attend, but with this being the same day as the dream cuise he might not have time.

warlockmatized

imported post

daewoomofo wrote:
well plastic waer and paper plates are kinda "important", with this being my first oc event id rather no be relied on to bring somemthing every one NEEDS. (just incase i cant show up) i do plan to attend, but plans can change in the time from now til then. ill try to bring some kinda dish. thanks for the open invite, a coworker is also gonna try to attend, but with this being the same day as the dream cuise he might not have time.
Funny you mentioned the cruise. In the parade thread we have discussed meeting for the Warren picnic, then hitting the cruise OC'ing afterwards.

daewoomofo

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
daewoomofo wrote:
Funny you mentioned the cruise. In the parade thread we have discussed meeting for the Warren picnic, then hitting the cruise OC'ing afterwards.
im all for that.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Hey everyone,

I will attend with my fiance. This will be my first time attending an OCgathering and I am looking forwarded to meeting you all and helping to spread the word. Wish I could stick around for the dream cruise as well but I have a prior engagement. Let me know what I can bring to help out.

warlockmatized

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Hey everyone,

I will attend with my fiance. This will be my first time attending an OCgathering and I am looking forwarded to meeting you all and helping to spread the word. Wish I could stick around for the dream cruise as well but I have a prior engagement. Let me know what I can bring to help out.
We are still in need of some paper plates and plastic ware :)