• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sharpshooting Spokane : Round 2

David.Car

imported post

Was at a BBQ this weekend and happened to be talking to an individual who is interested in a career in law enforcement, and was talking about buying a Sig (which I own).

A little later in the night I heard him talking with another individual about concealed carry and than a comment about a visible firearm was made that perked my ears to the conversation. I chimed in that OC was actually legal in WA state if you were legally allowed to own the firearm and were over 21.

The individual than said No. In fact it is not. I should know, I just took a class three weeks ago. (not direct quote but close enough)

Immediatly I asked him if it was at Sharp Shooting and he said yes.

Well long story short I was able to correct thewrong information with this 1 individual, and have directed him to check out this site.

He told me that the class instructor was a woman (Robin? most likely) and that she had said that OC was not legal without a permit...

OC permit? What type of insanity is that.

Bobcav. I know you were sending the emails back and forth with Robin. Any chance of a follow up with her. As it seems the incorrect information is still flowing through their, and it is the only place in town that is offering these classes, so there could be a lot of people who "should know" because of classes that are in fact in the wrong right now.

FE427TP

imported post

computerizedfish wrote:
The gentleman might have been confused. When I took a class there, they didnt say open carry was not allowed, just not allowed in the store at the current time.

this doesn't fit with him saying that the instructor said it was ok with a permit though

computerizedfish

imported post

FE427TP wrote:
computerizedfish wrote:
The gentleman might have been confused. When I took a class there, they didnt say open carry was not allowed, just not allowed in the store at the current time.

this doesn't fit with him saying that the instructor said it was ok with a permit though
Just saying it could be overall general confusion. Robin has been updated (multiple times if I remember correctly) so, I kinda doubt she would be saying this. Who knows, I could be totally wrong, but in the last thread I thought she acknowleged open carry, but would not allow it in the store because she caters to self defense for women and it scared them. Robin saying open carry requires a permit doesnt really fit either.:?

SlacK

imported post

yeah, i was in one of her classes too, and she mentioned
that oc was legal, she just didn't allow it in the store.

Most likely just confusion on the part of the student.

unless... there is another female instructor at sharpshooters
if that is the case, someone might inform Robin what her
employee is teaching on this subject.

David.Car

imported post

Originally I thought this might have been a class he took before the emails to Robin occurred but according to his 3 week ago time period it is after those emails...

Him saying he was told it was legal with a permit is a pretty specific thing... I don't know if maybe he was told you could open carry but only if he had his CWP or what...