• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hassled :(

crtbc

imported post

Well.... it took me exactly 1 year of OC to have a negative experience....

Pinnalce peak and scottsdale rd

SUPERPUMPER gas station and quickie mart

Walk in to get water, jerky and energy drink... get to the counter and.,...

Clerk: You know that if you don't have a ccw you can't carry that thing into a place that sells alcohol

me: actually sir I can't carry it into a bussiness that serves alcohol to be consumed on premise

Clerk: Well even if thats so, we don't like your kind in this store (actual words spoken)

me: is that your opinion, your managers opinion or the stores?

Clerk: stores

Me: ok....let me pay for my shit and I won't be back have a good day...

Now at this point I want to write a good letter to the store owner and tell him what an arrogant customer abusive ass he has for a employee in a polite way (since I work in the same plaza :celebrateand maybe get some free stuff or at last an apology for how rudely I was treated

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You're a better man than I. After that I'd be very tempted to immediately drop whatever I had on the floor and walk out. Hopefully faced with that actual situation I'd maintain my composure enough to at least set it in front of her before leaving, but I'm sure not buying anything.

protector84

imported post

That sucks. Here is how I would have handled it.

"I will see if you are indeed correct that it is in fact the store's opinion and not just your own. With that kind of an attitude, I am not doing business here. If it turns out that it is your opinion and not the store's, expect to be looking for a new job soon because I'm sure your superiors don't want to hear about your poor customer service skills."

I would then set the items on the counter and leave the store.

PavePusher

imported post

crtbc wrote:

Clerk: You know that if you don't have a ccw you can't carry that thing into a place that sells alcohol

me: actually sir I can't carry it into a bussiness that serves alcohol to be consumed on premise

Clerk: Well even if thats so, we don't like your kind in this store (actual words spoken)

Me: ok....let me pay for my @#$% and I won't be back have a good day...

Now at this point I want to write a good letter to the store owner and tell him what an arrogant customer abusive ass he has for a employee in a polite way (since I work in the same plaza :celebrateand maybe get some free stuff or at last an apology for how rudely I was treated
Where was your recorder?!?!

Greggy_D

imported post

asforme wrote:
You're a better man than I. After that I'd be very tempted to immediately drop whatever I had on the floor and walk out. Hopefully faced with that actual situation I'd maintain my composure enough to at least set it in front of her before leaving, but I'm sure not buying anything.
Absolutely. Same here. I would have put the items on the counter and walked out. Why give them $$$$$ after being treated like that?

azcdlfred

imported post

crtbc wrote:
we don't like your kind in this store (actual words spoken)
Go to AzCDL's Educational page and scoll down to the bottom under the heading "Activism Tools." There, you will find the template for our "No Guns = No Money" cards which you can hand to asshats like that. Then, get the word out and have others go to the same store to hand the clerk those cards. Eventually the manager will wonder why there are more "no money" cards in the till than actual money.

The cards can be printed on Avery 8376 or equivalent business card stock.

Fred

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

azcdlfred wrote:
crtbc wrote:
Go to AzCDL's Educational page and scoll down to the bottom under the heading "Activism Tools." There, you will find the template for our "No Guns = No Money" cards which you can hand to asshats like that. Then, get the word out and have others go to the same store to hand the clerk those cards. Eventually the manager will wonder why there are more "no money" cards in the till than actual money.

Fred
A Quicky mart employee on minimum wadge won't give a flying flip and will throw your card away. You'll need to call a head manager.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

asforme wrote:
azcdlfred wrote:
crtbc wrote:

Fred
A Quicky mart employee on minimum wadge won't give a flying flip and will throw your card away. You'll need to call a head manager.
Best idea would be to ignore employees making anti-gun comments - being asked to leave is the only time your ear really need to perk up, requiring you to both leave, and, then maybe raising heck woith management.

TheDuellist

imported post

First, sorry to hear about your experience. It can be a real mood killer.

we don't like your kind in this store
I had this said to me once when I was in a small store in a backwoods appalachian town. I replied:

"Yeah? What 'kind' is that?" expecting him to make some slur about my American Indian heritage. He replied "Queer" while nodding his head at my American Eagle tshirt I was wearing.

I laughed so uncontrollably hard with my eyes watering as I left the store that I think it made him madder than anything I could have possibly said.

imported post

crtbc wrote:

Me: ok....let me pay for my @#$% and I won't be back have a good day...

Hm. Methinks I need to make a detour for a nice, cold drink the next time I'm down in the Valley...

Alec411

imported post

Just a tip, Front Sight has offered free training, and free life memberships to religious places of worship, in light of recent church shootings. Many churches are sending their "security teams" to be trained. FS is also providing keeped firearms. XD's

Alec411

imported post

Just a tip, Front Sight has offered free training, and free life memberships to religious places of worship, in light of recent church shootings. Many churches are sending their "security teams" to be trained. FS is also providing keeped firearms. XD's

Alec411

imported post

Alec411

imported post