• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

District Leaders Pass Registration Requirements

Virginiaplanter

imported post

It looks like the District is setting up a process that violates part of D.C. v. Heller and places hurdles so high most will not be able to reach them and if they do, the Police can take as long as they want to allow for the Ballistics testing.

The Washington Post: District's New Handgun Registration Process

From the Mayor's Office on the details of the Registration:

District Press Release and Regulations

It appears that the Mayor and the entire government are not Law abiding citizens as they are refusing to comply with the law of the land in District of Columbia v. Heller. :shock:

Shocking!!!

Evil Ernie

imported post

Holy freakin crap!!!
Vision tests?!?!?!?
Written test!?!?!?
Ballistic test?!?!?!?

What part of "infringement" do they not understand?
So you give them your sidearm for ballistics testing, which may take weeks, months, years, who knows? Then when they are done, you come and pick it up. Didn't I read an article a few weeks ago about DC LE "losing" 20000 (or some godawful number) firearms?!?!?!?
And they still maintain the trigger locks need to be in place "until the percieved threat of immediate harm". So what, the perp has to fire a killing shot before you dare unlock it?!?!?!?
These DC officials aren't stupid, make no mistake. They only want you disarmed and they are extremely crafty about doing so.

This crap make NJ gunlaws appear downright friendly!!!!

Virginiaplanter

imported post

You forgot the undisclosed Registration Fee! Anybody want to guess it will match the $200 NFA tax?

ihunt49

imported post

Of course they worded it this way. It will take another lawsuit and time and money from another gun owner to get them to follow the law. If they stretch the fight out for years, they still have their gun control and keep the sheeple in the pasture.

I wish Congress had the gumption to just override their assinine laws.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

"It's not clear what that means," Helmke said. "This is the problem with getting the courts involved. These are usually issues that are determined by elected officials."

Yea because we all know that politicians are masters at writing logical, clear-cut, and readily understandable laws. :banghead:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

ihunt49 wrote:
Of course they worded it this way. It will take another lawsuit and time and money from another gun owner to get them to follow the law. If they stretch the fight out for years, they still have their gun control and keep the sheeple in the pasture.

They do.. Washington D.C. isthe federal city. But they won't for political reasons.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ihunt49 wrote:

WHAT THE HECK?!!? Not only will it take a miracle tocomplete the regulations, it will take a lifetime to go through the steps. And just what FFL is going to personally transport your revolver into DC to a CO-local FFL, assuming Sugarman is willing to accept and process the transfer?

Hey! WAIT A MINUTE!! WHAT AN IDEA!!!! :what:

I'm going to "gift" a DC resident with a revolver. I'm going to get my FFL to ship it to Sugarman, just like he would to any other FFL.

Then I'm probably going to have to contact BAFTE to investigate what happens.

stay safe.

skidmark

imperialism2024

imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
Holy freakin crap!!!
Vision tests?!?!?!?
Written test!?!?!?
Ballistic test?!?!?!?

What part of "infringement" do they not understand?
So you give them your sidearm for ballistics testing, which may take weeks, months, years, who knows? Then when they are done, you come and pick it up. Didn't I read an article a few weeks ago about DC LE "losing" 20000 (or some godawful number) firearms?!?!?!?
And they still maintain the trigger locks need to be in place "until the percieved threat of immediate harm". So what, the perp has to fire a killing shot before you dare unlock it?!?!?!?
These DC officials aren't stupid, make no mistake. They only want you disarmed and they are extremely crafty about doing so.

This crap make NJ gunlaws appear downright friendly!!!!

"Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone throughthe 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely
explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.

Although we do not undertake anexhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of theSecond Amendment, nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms."

I wonder how long it will be until more states and jurisdictions start going "DC-legal" with anti-gun legislation...