Thread: Colonial Downs

Post imported post

This sat I will be heading to the track so my wife can run in a 5k in the morning. The ticket includes entrance to the horse race that is going on that day. It also includes a bbq with some tasty beverages! I wanted to know if anyone has been to the track and if so did you carry or is it posted no weapons?

Thanks

Post imported post

Chkultr wrote:
    This sat I will be heading to the track so my wife can run in a 5k in the morning. The ticket includes entrance to the horse race that is going on that day. It also includes a bbq with some tasty beverages! I wanted to know if anyone has been to the track and if so did you carry or is it posted no weapons?

Thanks
    I do not recall that it was posted, but then again I was 1) not looking, and 2) not OC-ing. I volunteer with Designated Drivers from time to time, and thru them have been to Colonial Downs a few times to help get some patrons home safely.

Remember that they serve booze out of a number of spots around the clubhouse. I'm not sure where the physical boundaries of each sales point extend to, as I have seen folks walk out of one area & back into the grandstand seats with a drink in hand. The ABC license also extends down to the trackside tents if there are eventvendors/sponsors serving alcohol, or if the hoi poloi allow riff-raf to sample their beverages (look for folks without the distinctive wristbands or badges worn by everybody else in the tent - if they are there then the area is covered by the ABC licence).

stay safe, and let us know what you find out. Good luck to the wife, and put $2 across the board on her for me, OK?

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit