• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colonial Downs

Chkultr

imported post

This sat I will be heading to the track so my wife can run in a 5k in the morning. The ticket includes entrance to the horse race that is going on that day. It also includes a bbq with some tasty beverages! I wanted to know if anyone has been to the track and if so did you carry or is it posted no weapons?

Thanks

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Chkultr wrote:
This sat I will be heading to the track so my wife can run in a 5k in the morning. The ticket includes entrance to the horse race that is going on that day. It also includes a bbq with some tasty beverages! I wanted to know if anyone has been to the track and if so did you carry or is it posted no weapons?

Thanks

I do not recall that it was posted, but then again I was 1) not looking, and 2) not OC-ing. I volunteer with Designated Drivers from time to time, and thru them have been to Colonial Downs a few times to help get some patrons home safely.

Remember that they serve booze out of a number of spots around the clubhouse. I'm not sure where the physical boundaries of each sales point extend to, as I have seen folks walk out of one area & back into the grandstand seats with a drink in hand. The ABC license also extends down to the trackside tents if there are eventvendors/sponsors serving alcohol, or if the hoi poloi allow riff-raf to sample their beverages (look for folks without the distinctive wristbands or badges worn by everybody else in the tent - if they are there then the area is covered by the ABC licence).

stay safe, and let us know what you find out. Good luck to the wife, and put $2 across the board on her for me, OK? :D

stay safe.

skidmark