Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morons.

Post imported post

So, I was looking around today to see what I want for my birthday, and had to deal with 2 morons.

I went to a pawn shop, where I know the owner. As I was looking at the movies they had for sale, I went into condition white, oops.

The owner of the pawn shop walked up and touched the grips of my XD.
    I didn't know who it was until he was on the ground, I then helped him up and gave him a good talking to, and made sure that he understood that that kind of crap could get somebody hurt.

But he was "only joking!" Sheesh.

Then I went to Cabela's, and there was a guy in a green shirt, looked pretty gangsta to me. Anyway, he was at the rack of used guns looking at shotguns and he was on my weak side.

While he was looking at the shotguns, he kept opening the breech on the pump action shotguns, then grabbing them by the forearm only and closing the breech by moving the shotgun in a violent downward motion, then he would raise it to his shoulder and point it directly at me.

When he picked up a particularly long one, he nearly hit me in the head with it as he raised it to his shoulder. So I grabbed the muzzle of the gun and pushed it toward the ground and asked him politely not to point them at me.

He said "what?" And I repeated myself and added that it was bad to point guns at people. He says "I know how to handle a f'ing gun!"

I said "Obviously not, and there's no need to swear."

He says "I'll f'ing swear as much as I f'ing want! What are you gonna do about it?"

I say "I'm not trying to start anything here, but you almost hit me in the head with that one."

He says "How 'bout I hit you over the f'ing head with it?"

At this point he takes a step toward me, and I turn toward him and ready myself to block a swing, and he sees my XD.

He says "Whoa man! I don't want any trouble!"

He then leaves in a hurry. Of course at that range I wasn't going to draw if he attacked me, too close you know.

I'm glad it didn't happen any worse.

Morons.

Post imported post

Sounds like an action-packed day!

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    So, I was looking around today to see what I want for my birthday, and had to deal with 2 morons.

I went to a pawn shop, where I know the owner. As I was looking at the movies they had for sale, I went into condition white, oops.

The owner of the pawn shop walked up and touched the grips of my XD.
    I didn't know who it was until he was on the ground, I then helped him up and gave him a good talking to, and made sure that he understood that that kind of crap could get somebody hurt.

But he was "only joking!" Sheesh.

Then I went to Cabela's, and there was a guy in a green shirt, looked pretty gangsta to me. Anyway, he was at the rack of used guns looking at shotguns and he was on my weak side.

While he was looking at the shotguns, he kept opening the breech on the pump action shotguns, then grabbing them by the forearm only and closing the breech by moving the shotgun in a violent downward motion, then he would raise it to his shoulder and point it directly at me.

When he picked up a particularly long one, he nearly hit me in the head with it as he raised it to his shoulder. So I grabbed the muzzle of the gun and pushed it toward the ground and asked him politely not to point them at me.

He said "what?" And I repeated myself and added that it was bad to point guns at people. He says "I know how to handle a f'ing gun!"

He says "I'll f'ing swear as much as I f'ing want! What are you gonna do about it?"

I say "I'm not trying to start anything here, but you almost hit me in the head with that one."

At this point he takes a step toward me, and I turn toward him and ready myself to block a swing, and he sees my XD.

He then leaves in a hurry. Of course at that range I wasn't going to draw if he attacked me, too close you know.

I'm glad it didn't happen any worse.

Morons.
    Your encounters are with morons and mine with cops. What's the difference ?

TJ

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    I didn't know who it was until he was on the ground
    From a tactical standpoint can I ask what you technique was? My instinctive reaction would be to grasp the gun and lower myself to the gun backing away from the threat. Obviously you have a more aggressive approach.

Post imported post

This is the very reason I like Serpa. It's not as easy to unholster by a gun-grabber.

TJ

Post imported post

Sort of a throw, you grab the opposition's wrist with the hand on the opposite side of your gun, placing your thumb on the back of their thumb, and your fingers in the palm of their hands, if possible. Then you peel the hand off, with extreme prejudice.

You then twist the hand outwards and upwards while bringing your close arm underneath their elbow, pulling up and in on the elbow while pulling down and pushing out on the hand.

You then place your foot in front of their foot and twist away from the opposition.

If done properly and very violently, the opposition will be on their back on the ground, and you will still have wrist control, you then place their arm between your legs, and kneel down on their neck. With your knee on their neck, you squeeze their arm with your legs and use your hands to make sure they don't attack with their free arm.

This is all one quick smooth violent motion. Effective, but takes lots of practice.

Anyway, you should have seen the look on his face, it was like
    :what:I SHOULDN'T A DONE THAT!

I wonder who will criticize me first? I can't see anything that I did wrong, but maybe somebody else will.

Post imported post

WOOT looks like we're gonna get some self-defense teaching done at the BBQ..... on second thought a bunch of gun-totin guys rolling around in the field at the park would seem ....ahhh....... uhhhhhhmmmmmmm ....... a lil gay! LOL strick that thought!

Post imported post

schwarzi88 wrote:
    WOOT looks like we're gonna get some self-defense teaching done at the BBQ..... on second thought a bunch of gun-totin guys rolling around in the field at the park would seem ....ahhh....... uhhhhhhmmmmmmm ....... a lil gay! LOL strick that thought!
    Yeah, I want a demo. Don't care if it looks gay, either.

Post imported post

A demo? Geez, I shouldn't have demonstrated knowledge.:P

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    A demo? Geez, I shouldn't have demonstrated knowledge.:P
    I want to watch you practice on Dave.

Post imported post

If I have to, I will only do two. And I think that SGT Jensen may be better at this stuff, as these are military combatives, and he should know them better than me.

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    If I have to, I will only do two. And I think that SGT Jensen may be better at this stuff, as these are military combatives, and he should know them better than me.
    Sounds good. BOTH you and sarge should practice on Dave

Post imported post

You just want to see Dave knocked on the ground don't you?

Post imported post

Sheesh, and I wasn't even the one asking for a demo!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:

Morons.
    This guy did want trouble, but the XD just persuaded him to change his mind.
    XD or not, it sounds like you may have been able to take this jerk.

Post imported post

Why don't you boys try TJ out? It'd be a challenge. And he could blow off a little steam.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Sounds like some line training we did in the military, except it was from a front attack and in the process they taught us to break their arm and step on their head.

The punk in the other store was being a complete idiot! Its top bad that it would take something like the sight of your gun for the stupid-ness to stop. Would he have started a fight if you wernt OC'n or what?

You handled it well though....

Post imported post

I don't think he would have hit me, but he sure was able to make an informed decision.

I wasn't too worried about the outcome of an altercation, I believe I could have taken him, but I'm very glad that nothing happened.

To describe his wardrobe, which is funny to me, he was wearing a green t-shirt with cut off sleeves, shorts made out of cut off baggy pants, a hat cocked to the side, he had a LARGE goatee, wearing crappy "skater shoes" and had a star tattoo on his forearm.

No offense to anyone on here, if they dress like this, but I hate that mode of dress.

Horribly impractical, ugly, ugh not for me thank you.

Post imported post

thats it .... ur getting a start tattoo for that coment!

Post imported post

Oh, sorry, I don't actually have a problem with tattoos, it was his overall appearance and attitude put together.

I have actually been considering a tattoo, just can't decide what I would like.

So I probably wont get one.

Post imported post

tattoos are like Pringles... You just cant stop at one

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    The Army did not teach combatives when I attended Basic Combat Training. They just taught us to shoot straight. :P We did, however, spend about 15 minutes on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. :?
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Guess you should have joined the Marines and learned MCMAP

Post imported post

How long ago did you go to basic? They're teaching us that in RSP. Weird.

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    thx997303 wrote:
    The Army did not teach combatives when I attended Basic Combat Training. They just taught us to shoot straight. :P We did, however, spend about 15 minutes on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. :?
    I was a combatives Instructor ( Gracie Method) at Ft Leonard Wood; We spent a bit more than 15 minutes on it there....I think you should pay your recruiter a call and demand your money back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast