• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Morons.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
If I have to, I will only do two. And I think that SGT Jensen may be better at this stuff, as these are military combatives, and he should know them better than me.
The Army did not teach combatives when I attended Basic Combat Training. They just taught us to shoot straight. :p We did, however, spend about 15 minutes on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. :?

Aegis

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
If I have to, I will only do two. And I think that SGT Jensen may be better at this stuff, as these are military combatives, and he should know them better than me.
The Army did not teach combatives when I attended Basic Combat Training. They just taught us to shoot straight. :p We did, however, spend about 15 minutes on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. :?
I was a combatives Instructor ( Gracie Method) at Ft Leonard Wood; We spent a bit more than 15 minutes on it there....I think you should pay your recruiter a call and demand your money back :dude:

Bflamante

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Looks like your OC in Cabelas did exactly what it is intended to do. You made a realistic respectful statement and the other guy wanted to tear your head of because he got offended. If you would have been concealing he would have taken the altercation to a new level. Quite unwelcome. By OC the situation was disolved quickly. Perfect result. An armed society is a polite society.

And about the whole feeling fluffy about examples of hand to hand \

GayJiuJitsu.jpg

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

A friend of mine started working when he was 18 and did 12 years in the military (Vietnam), 24 in police and another 8 with some federal agency. At 62, he has 3 years till he can collect social security (which he only paid in to the 8 years he worked as a federal employee since police and military don't pay into it, so it'll be meager at best) but presently collects 2 pensions and says it's about about time for the third to start paying out. $100k a year between them to do whatever the hell he wants.

I'm younger and no where near retirement, but it makes me wonder if I'll have anywhere near that between maxing out my 401k every year and my tiny social security check (if it's not bankrupt by then). Granted, he put his time into some obviously dangerous jobs, but I'm still jealous, that's a great income especially for retirement!

Tim

calmp9

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
So, I was looking around today to see what I want for my birthday, and had to deal with 2 morons.

I went to a pawn shop, where I know the owner. As I was looking at the movies they had for sale, I went into condition white, oops.

The owner of the pawn shop walked up and touched the grips of my XD.
I didn't know who it was until he was on the ground, I then helped him up and gave him a good talking to, and made sure that he understood that that kind of crap could get somebody hurt.

But he was "only joking!" Sheesh.

Then I went to Cabela's, and there was a guy in a green shirt, looked pretty gangsta to me. Anyway, he was at the rack of used guns looking at shotguns and he was on my weak side.

While he was looking at the shotguns, he kept opening the breech on the pump action shotguns, then grabbing them by the forearm only and closing the breech by moving the shotgun in a violent downward motion, then he would raise it to his shoulder and point it directly at me.

When he picked up a particularly long one, he nearly hit me in the head with it as he raised it to his shoulder. So I grabbed the muzzle of the gun and pushed it toward the ground and asked him politely not to point them at me.

He said "what?" And I repeated myself and added that it was bad to point guns at people. He says "I know how to handle a f'ing gun!"

I said "Obviously not, and there's no need to swear."

He says "I'll f'ing swear as much as I f'ing want! What are you gonna do about it?"

I say "I'm not trying to start anything here, but you almost hit me in the head with that one."

He says "How 'bout I hit you over the f'ing head with it?"

At this point he takes a step toward me, and I turn toward him and ready myself to block a swing, and he sees my XD.

He says "Whoa man! I don't want any trouble!"

He then leaves in a hurry. Of course at that range I wasn't going to draw if he attacked me, too close you know.

I'm glad it didn't happen any worse.

Morons.

Touching somebody's firearm is not funny, even if you know the person. I don't know if I would have put him to the ground, but he would have gotten pushed for sure.

As for the guy at Cabela's, there's always going to be a guy like that. If I would have seen someone handling firearms like that, I would have left. From your account of the situation, it sounded like you had time to leave. You probably should have. Avoidance is always the first option. It's not worth the confrontation, especially if you have a loaded firearm in your possession.

cassie

imported post

LOL, yeah I know, hind sight is 20/20

I could have left, I should have left, but I did not.

ETA: And as far as putting him on the ground, If ANYONE touches my sidearm like that, they will meet the ground in a rather unfriendly way. No matter who it is.

Muscle memory you know.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

cassie wrote:

Don't worry THX, I have posted with my still wife logged on also. :p
Anytime you see a blank post from packingmama, that was me. :banghead:

calmp9

imported post

cassie wrote:

ETA: And as far as putting him on the ground, If ANYONE touches my sidearm like that, they will meet the ground in a rather unfriendly way. No matter who it is.

Muscle memory you know.

I didn't mean to sound as if I was lecturing, but avoidance was the first thing we were taught when involved in confrontations. It was repeated so many times throughout our CCW class that I will never forget it.