• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Discreet OpenCarry Tips

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Felid`Maximus wrote:
When I carry my Chihuahua into dog friendly establishments, nobody ever seems to notice my gun. 
What kind of retention do you use when you carry your Chihuahua?

You know, to prevent against Chihuahua grabs, and to make sure your Chihuahua doesn't accidentally "go off"...

You must be very secure in your masculinity. I still pack a Pitbull when I go out. My wife says I am over compensating for something, so I grab the Spaniel insted.:celebrate Sorry I could not resist.

pro2A

imported post

eddified wrote:
I'd like for those of you who don't have negative encounters with businesses or LEOs to please tell me what you believe it is about you that keeps you from having LEO encounters, and what keeps you from being asked to leave.

I heard that if you are carrying a baby and are dressed nicely, you'll have an easy time of it.... (no kidding about the baby!)

Are there any other good tips out there for discreet OC?

Also, does discreet OC often mean "partially hidden" OC? If so, how hidden?
Where I don't think it hurts to dress nice and act polite, it certainly doesn't help if you dress like a slob, don't shave and stink if you open carry. If I OC I tend to dress nicer then normal.