• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC experience - SeaTac airport

jbone

imported post

czth wrote:
I felt a bit self-conscious, but I was more worried about making sure I knew who was around me, especially behind me, more so than normal, since I now had the responsibility to make sure nobody grabbed my gun;
From what I read in the news last year about Airport weapons thief fromchecked baggage in secure area's; you standa better chance of having you’re piece stolen by Airport employee's than a would be gun grabber. If I recall, thereport also listed SEATAC as one of the worst for this.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

very weird... I posted a comment this morning but nothing showed up.

Arrived about 10:45pm and walked around for about 30 mins. I got a call from the ex that the kids flew as unaccompanied minors, meaning I had to get a boarding pass and pick them up at the gate. I went to the Delta counter to see if they could be deliverd to the Security exit point (I pointed out I was carrying). The guy made a call and said I would have to get them at the gate and presented me with a boarding pass. I head back out to the truck, lock up the pistol, empty my pockets of non security crap and head inside. I get to security, remove the shoes, place the phone, voice recorder and keys in the tray and head to the security passage still wearing my belt and Serpa. I pass right through, no issues. As I pick up my stuff a TSA person walks up and asks if I am wearing a pistol holster. I reply with yes and continue to move on. No more conversation with TSA. I get to the gate, get the kids and head back home.