• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Theft

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Stolen:
Cobra Enterprise FS380-PRW
Caliber: .380 semi-automatic pistol
Finish: Imperial Purple
Grips: White
Serial Number: FS032470

Last seen locked in a Secure-It® Handgun Storage Safe at 11pm on Sunday July 13th in my bedroom.

The safe: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=282585&kwtid=208671

In addition: They also took my Baby Eagle replica CO2 pistol with my Bianchi holster w/ thumb break.

Its a very unique pistol due to its color. The wife is very upset as her first OC event was the 13th and it was a Mother's Day present. They took one of the handgun safes but not both I'm still trying to figure out why only one safe was taken. They got access to my gun cabinet but only took the air pistol and holster, some silver coins and an old cell phone (My son had a group of friends in the house) Police reports are filed I have a list of possible names involved.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WOW man that sucks... If that was the only thing they took. I would think they knew you had guns, andwhere you kept your gun..:?Maybe not random at all I would say.

Phssthpok

imported post

aw that very same pistol on sunday near the end of the gathering.

Folks what that photo doesn't convey (very well) is that teh firearm is Metallic Purple on the frame and slide. As he said it's a VERY distinctive unit.

David.Car

imported post

Was it a break in or did it just go missing? Broken window/door is one thing, but if it just went missing that day while you had visitors in the house, that is a whole nother story.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Mainsail wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
They got access to my gun cabinet...
What does that mean? They broke into it? It was open? They found the key?
No matter what, it totally sucks.
I have 2 keys for the gun safe and 2 keys for the cabinet and all were out of the house at the time. I made this gun cabinet back in high school in the early 80's. Its not a security cabinet but it will keep an honest man honest. I think they may have wedged the door to gain access.
I was up till 3am last night and I'm finding other small stuff missing as well.

No windows or doors broken. Stuff is just missing that was here the night before.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Very sorry to hear of your burglary. Do you get the impression that the police are actually watching anyone or the old "if a pawn shop calls" thing? Will your homeowner's insurance help out?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Its now been 22 hours since the reported theft. I have yet to see a Tacoma PD officer. I had a civilian worker call and take down the report with serial, model and pertenate info.
Today however I have a possible lead one some of my stuff. My air pistol was seen with someone who has never owned anything like that before.

FYI: In Tacoma if a gun is pawned, sold, traded to a business it gets held for 30 days to verify if its legal. I called Mary's to let them know it was stolen and called a local pawn shop and was given the same info about the 30 day hold.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ok in my in my opinion...

Who would want a shiny purple air pistol? Besides your wife...

Because kids like shiny cool looking things that no one else has and its a CO2 pistol, they can probably buy the ammo for it too.

As for the coins? either its money to them or they like the cool coins. The other things you found missing... They must be some cool little things.

What this amounts to is when I was a kid, not to long ago, cool things were cool and I was cool to have them even if they were little things and quite a few kids liked interesting coins, I still like them.

I would highly highly suspect the kids, it sounds like it. If my kids friends stole my stuff I would press charges... I wouldn't even think twice if it were guns

I really hope you get your stuff back

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

usSiR wrote:
Who would want a shiny purple air pistol? Besides your wife...

Because kids like shiny cool looking things that no one else has and its a CO2 pistol, they can probably buy the ammo for it too.
2 pistols stolen:
1 purple .380 semi automatic
1 baby eagle C02

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ah... the .380 was the purple one... sorry I was confused, I just read it fast

but its still cool and shinny and very unique

Johnny Law

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Its now been 22 hours since the reported theft. I have yet to see a Tacoma PD officer. I had a civilian worker call and take down the report with serial, model and pertenate info.
It sounds like they took a report over the phone, and you aren't going to see an Officer.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Johnny Law wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
It sounds like they took a report over the phone, and you aren't going to see an Officer.
I was told 1 day to 1 week for a detective to talk to me in person..... And folks wonder why I carry a gun in the first place..... I have the number for the detctives but it rings off the hook.

Sean

imported post

I think I would call all 3 major news studios (or email them) and ask them to inquire why when a home burglary is reported involving firearms (handgun) the local PD doesn't even show up at the house to investigate, especially since it appears that this gun is now in the possession of a minor.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I like your tax dollars at work...

1 day to a week??? Thats unacceptable to me. Sounds more like when we remember in a few days then come by 2 daysafter thatwhen we remember again, but you wernt home so give it another week...

Do you have a case number yet?

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sean wrote:
I think I would call all 3 major news studios (or email them) and ask them to inquire why when a home burglary is reported involving firearms (handgun) the local PD doesn't even show up at the house to investigate, especially since it appears that this gun is now in the possession of a minor.

:lol:

That sounds like a good idea, maybe the kids parents will see the picture of the gun, or someone else will that has seen it. Or the parents of the kids that were there will question them about it, I would assume they have already