• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Theft

dlnwoody

imported post

I thought that only happened in Fl. My moms house was broken into and two guns stolen. It to forever for the PD to show up. When they did show up all they did was take a report. No finger printing the door the the robbers came through nothing. When my mom called her friend at the sheriffs department (the sheriffs secretary) she was told she would take care of it. Within an hour the sheriff called my mom and told her someone was on the way and was sorry no one did anything the first time. Only bad thing it was three days later and no more good prints.

scarlett1125

imported post

I hope the lead pans out, but I hear you on the Tacoma PD. I also think that Sean is right. Get the media involved so that the cops will get off their dead a$$es. I realize this is Tacoma and there is crime here, but we're not talking about a few little things. Someone is carrying arounda firearm that could be used for some of that criminal activity that TPD claims to be so concerned about. They really are pathetic excuses for police officers, but that's why we carry, right? In Tacoma, we know that they can't be relied upon no matter what the situation.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

what ticks me off the most is I have a lead but no one to take my call to act upon it. I figure by the time they do the weapon will be long gone and the trail cold.

hillyard

imported post

I had a loaded gun stolen on Christmas. I called the police and they just took the info over the phone, never heard from them again

scarlett1125

imported post

Yep, I'd call the media. Not that they're hard to find, but I have numbers if you want 'em. (I keep them in my phone just in case I ever need them. LOL)

Much as I hate talk radio, they are often good for these kinds of things. They can get the ball rolling when other media outlets turn the other cheek.

Bear 45/70

imported post

The pair of shotgun I had stolen in 2004 are still on the stolen list. The only contact with the MCSO was my initial call and a letter every year to ask me if the guns were recovered. Why the hell are they asking me? Aren't they the ones who are suppose to recover the damn things?

thebastidge

2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver Washington, US
imported post

One would think and hope that police would recover stolen property, but they have no mandate or duty to do so. They are simply in it to catch and punish the perpetrator. Their mandate is to enforce the law, and recovery of stolen property is a sadly rare occasion. The only recourse is a civil suit once the prepetrator's guilt is established.

Trigger Dr

imported post

M1gunr

Bill, if you can get me the details ie ser # etc, I will put it in the watch for list at the gun show just in case it shows up to be sold or traded.

Jim

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If citizens are not supposed to hunt down criminals, and if the police will not recover stolen firearms, or even call back or show up when the citizen has put forth the energy to find leads in the case, the entire LE argument that more guns in private citizen hands equal more guns in criminal hands because of theft becomes totally disingenuous and fallacious. If LE doesn't make stolen firearms a priority, then they have no position from which to make such an argument.