• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally A Shooting Range

Dr.Coy

imported post

Hello all, I am new to this forum, as a member. Though I have been reading thissite for two weeks.

I reside in Panama City, Florida. 21/male/married

First personal firearm I am picking up today during my lunch break here at the bank.

Anyways... A shooting range/gun/accessories store has reopened only 1.7mi from my house! It is a $50 annual fee and $10/hr for shooting. You can rent weapons for $10/hr... or machine guns for $25/hr. They require you to join the NRA before you are made a member of their range.

Sound like a good deal?

nh92d

imported post

welcome aboard..

the prices seem pretty good..place i used to be a member of was $120 per year,$7.50/hr for lane use,rentals were $15(i think)plus lane rental price...

looking for a good outdoor range right now(something with unlimited range use without this hourly rate..

So...Whatcha getting???

Dr.Coy

imported post

Well, for a year and a half I have looked at the same gun and researched it... SO I finally went and purchased it. I plan on teaching my wife how to shoot with this weapon also. Mainly this one is for practice and to keep in my car.

I got a Taurus 24/7 9mm, full size with a 17+1 capacity.

I just did a lot of reading, and I have a friend who purchased a concealed Taurus 9mm and I just kind of liked them ever since. And the 24/7 has da/sa and some cool safety features. Did a lot of research how the company started, and they have a lifetime warranty so... figured for my first handgun it was a good buy for the price and to teach my wife since the full size wont have as much kick as a concealed version.

I am going to graduate her and I both to concealed .40s when she becomes proficcient.

Dustin

imported post

SOunds like your well on your way to being an outstanding citizen :cool:

There's another guy around here that is getting a 24/7 as well.

For the Wife, I'd get the Glock 19, Millinieum Pro, or something like that. Most women have smaller hands and these Sub-Compacts do them right.

Just a thought :)

Dr.Coy

imported post

well thanks! yeah the lady in the gunstore said she had a millenium pro for years and loved it... she said they were lightweight too.

wish there was a way to carry the 9mm i just bought concealed but i figure the full size may be hard to CC. wish open carry would pass in Florida...

Dustin

imported post

Dr.Coy wrote:
well thanks! yeah the lady in the gunstore said she had a millenium pro for years and loved it... she said they were lightweight too.

wish there was a way to carry the 9mm i just bought concealed but i figure the full size may be hard to CC. wish open carry would pass in Florida...

CC.ing a Full Size shouldn't be a probem. Might want to look into how and where your carrying it. :?

Dr.Coy

imported post

Well I havent tried wearing it around yet... see I wear dress slacks and button up tucked in shirts at work... didnt know if those concealment tshirts with the pouches under my arm would be the best bet, or a holster that fits inside my waistband. Although after work, I change .... I am just not sure what holster I should go for.