• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going now, to buy me a Gun

jbone

imported post

David.Car wrote:
jbone wrote:
My two cents: Buy the M&P 9c, or better yet the newly released M&P 45c.
Keep reading further down than the first post :) He already made the purchase.
Well than! can he get his money back? :)

Nosrac

imported post

I really like my XD service. I shot theXD tactical but really like the balance and size betterof the service. I shot both about the same. I put in the Powder River safety and match springs and now that trigger is very nice for a combat gun. The stock trigger was just OK but now it's sweet. I love how it eats any ammo and zero failures in over 1000 rnds.

kenshin

imported post

SlacK wrote:
ok, i had no problem buying the gun, so i am the new proud papa
of a Springfield XD-9 Service Model. I got 2 16 round mags, and
have 2 10 rounders on order, for when i go to california.

Came with a rather cheap holster, mag holder, and mag loader.
all of those made in israel. A barrel lock made in china.

I bought a highnoon conceal holster with it.

I believe the image below is the tactical version, whereas, i have the
service. But it IS the same color scheme. I like it.
moz-screenshot.jpg
Springfield_XD40.jpg
lol. My friend and roommate has the exact same gun you just got. XD-9 service model in OD green. It's an awesome piece, you'll be very happy with it.

David.Car

imported post

A guy I work with came in today and said he was going to be buying the XD 45 tactical today after work... In an awful looking 2 tone of nickel up top and black bottom...

Anyways, here is a photo of the XD-9 service with od green

xd-9.jpg

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm not a big fan of the nickel slide on the XDs but they do look better in person than in pics. A few of my friends have one. I think the nickel slide is a little heavier than the regular slide as the balance feels different to me, but maybe that was just psychological on my part. I haven't shot any of the nickel slide versions though, just handled them.

David.Car

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I'm not a big fan of the nickel slide on the XDs but they do look better in person than in pics. A few of my friends have one. I think the nickel slide is a little heavier than the regular slide as the balance feels different to me, but maybe that was just psychological on my part. I haven't shot any of the nickel slide versions though, just handled them.
For me, nickel is only nice when it is fully nickel with black grips, or a black slide, nickel lower, and black grips... or all black with nickel parts... Like these:

DSC00026-3.jpg

p245-left-full.jpg

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Which model is the top Sig and where can I get one?
eck21.gif

Damn that's a sexy gun! I think Sig SA/DA P-series pistols are currently my favorites as much as I love my XDs.

David.Car

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
eck21.gif

Damn that's a sexy gun! I think Sig SA/DA P-series pistols are currently my favorites as much as I love my XDs.
It is a P226RRTT (reverse two-tone) with black controls. It looks different mostly because of the Crimson Trace Sig Logo grips... (bout another 2 to 3 hundred)

Currently working on getting my controls nickel plated for my nitron P226. (will look like lower gun in 226 model)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

David.Car wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
eck21.gif

It is a P226RRTT (reverse two-tone) with black controls. It looks different mostly because of the Crimson Trace Sig Logo grips... (bout another 2 to 3 hundred)

Currently working on getting my controls nickel plated for my nitron P226. (will look like lower gun in 226 model)
I've been planning to get a P226 for myself as my fiancee has pretty much claimed my P228. Can you buy them that way from Sig? Thats the first one I have seen in reverse two-tone. I don't remember seeing that in their online catalog or if I did, they didn't jump out at me like your pic does.

David.Car

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I've been planning to get a P226 for myself as my fiancee has pretty much claimed my P228. Can you buy them that way from Sig? Thats the first one I have seen in reverse two-tone. I don't remember seeing that in their online catalog or if I did, they didn't jump out at me like your pic does.
Yes they come that way from the factory, but they are a more limited run and a little harder to find than the normal two-tone. Again the reason it might stand out more is the after market crimson trace grips.

Quick search on gunbroker found one in .357

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=105200271

Also can keep an eye out and ask around on www.sigforum.com that have avery active classified section and are good people.

gsx1138

imported post

I love my XD45. I just never liked the Glock. Some say it's the grip angle but I don't know. It just never felt right.

If you are new to firearms then please please take a class. The worst enemy of gun owners is often themselves. Education rocks.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

**WARNING** Thread hijack ahead...

Anyone interested in a SIG, I highly recommend www.scpfirearms.comconsitently beats everyone's prices, shipping is usually around $10-$12. He is in Florida, so you willneed to do a transfer, but no sales tax. Steve sellsSIG, Glock, HK, and a few other brands. Best prices, fantastic service. I got one of the Grade B HK PSP's from him that looks more like a grade A, $579 delivered. Also have bought a spotless P220ST CPO that was $600, and a new Ruger SP101 with CTC grips for $599.

If you want the SIG logo CTC grips, Jason at www.jcweaponry.com usually has them for most models, at the same price as the non SIG logo ones. He is also a SIG dealer, but since he is in WA. State(Vancouver)he has to charge sales tax on gun sales.

No affiliation with either guy, just a happy satisfied customer who can vouch for their prices, product and service. Tell Steve or Jason 911Boss from SIGForum referred you.

just_a_car

imported post

911Boss... I hate you. And I mean that in the best way.

I went to that link... he has the P226 Elite. I wanted that sooo bad. It's such a work of art, but SO expensive. Hell, I love it so much, it's been my desktop background for over a year.

David.Car

imported post

911Boss wrote:

Anyone interested in a SIG, I highly recommend http://www.scpfirearms.com
Also have bought a spotless P220ST CPO that was $600

That price is alright. Not great, but not bad. Kinda in the middle. Just saw 2x CPO 220's for bout 550 today and I considered that an okay deal.

It is real easy to find good sig CPOs for $500 right now. Than again if you hunt long enough and in the right spots you can get good deals new too. Got my P226 for $580 NIB w/ night sights.

Edit: JCWeaponry is also a member on sigforum.com and posts in the classified section on there. :)

David.Car

imported post

just_a_car wrote:

I went to that link... he has the P226 Elite. I wanted that sooo bad. It's such a work of art, but SO expensive. Hell, I love it so much, it's been my desktop background for over a year.
I have been looking for a good deal on the elite rosewood grips to put on my normal 226. Love the rosewood grips.

911Boss

imported post

David.Car wrote:
911Boss wrote:

Anyone interested in a SIG, I highly recommend http://www.scpfirearms.com
Also have bought a spotless P220ST CPO that was $600

That price is alright. Not great, but not bad. Kinda in the middle. Just saw 2x CPO 220's for bout 550 today and I considered that an okay deal.

It is real easy to find good sig CPOs for $500 right now. Than again if you hunt long enough and in the right spots you can get good deals new too. Got my P226 for $580 NIB w/ night sights.
You can find CPO's with the alloy frame in the $500-$550 range. If you fins an all stainless ("ST") model at that price, I strongly suggest you buy everyone you can.

911Boss

imported post

David.Car wrote:
just_a_car wrote:

I have been looking for a good deal on the elite rosewood grips to put on my normal 226. Love the rosewood grips.

Send him an email for the real price, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Sig has a "Minimum advertised price" policy and he can't advertise his actual sell price, I can tell you this, when I talked to him about an Elite the answer wasa little over $800 if I recall.

I ended up buying a lightly used P229 Elite ST (all stainless) locally and got a real good deal on it, otherwise I would have been buying from Steve.

DEROS72

imported post

You might have seen this pic of my Para ordnance Companion C7.45LDA.I picked it up from a friend with case 3 mags and a box of ammo for 500.00.Some one told me this was good but I don't see this model on Para's web site.Anyone know what year this may have been manufactured.And did I get a good deal or hosed? I love that SAxd9 .That is one Kick A$$ looking pistol and I like the tac rail.

David.Car

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
You might have seen this pic of my Para ordnance Companion C7.45LDA.I picked it up from a friend with case 3 mags and a box of ammo for 500.00.Some one told me this was good but I don't see this model on Para's web site.Anyone know what year this may have been manufactured.And did I get a good deal or hosed? I love that SAxd9 .That is one Kick A$$ looking pistol and I like the tac rail.
Call the manufacturer or do a search on the serial number sets. That is how you find out the manufacturing date.

I see 3 used 7.45s on sale on gunbroker right now. Lowest starting one is 520. I think you got a very good deal.

DEROS72

imported post

Thats a relief .I don,t know why I didn't think of that DUH!.Thanks I have been to several shops in the last weeks and have seen very few to no Para products.