• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MARINE ARRESTED ON JULY FOURTH FOR OPEN CARRY

cato

imported post

MUTUAL AID REQUEST! CALIFORNIA IS ON THE 2ND AMENDMENT FRONT LINES! GIVE WHAT YOU CAN!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=110805
CGF supports Marine arrested 7/4 in Oceanside for Unloaded Open Carry

After reviewing the details of the case, The Cagluns Foundation has decided to support Sean B. ('bobbarker' on CGN) and assist his defense from a wrongful arrest for legal unloaded open carry in partnership with Trutanich • Michel, LLP.

Please donate to The Calguns Foundation:

Donate via a Credit Card or Paypal or use the email address donate@calgunsfoundation.org for Paypal.

If you don't want to use Paypal and want to send a check or online bill payment, please send it to:

The Calguns Foundation
3200 Bridge Parkway Suite 202C
Redwood City, CA 94065

Make checks payable to "The Calguns Foundation." Please include your email address or Calguns handle so that we can send you a thank you letter for your tax deduction once our 501(c) status is complete. Also, we would like to track folks who are donating to support this open carry case, so please write "Sean B. Case" on the memo line.

Some words of caution about unload open carrying at this time...

Defending this type of cases distracts both funding and legal time from the offensive cases that we and other pro-gun lawyers and institutions are prosecuting.

As we are all on the offensive right now, waiting until the Second Amendment is incorporated against California in the Ninth Circuit is prudent. At that time, open carry unloaded and other pro-carry strategies are likely to be the next items to come into the coalition's cross-hairs.

If you are a current supporter of open carry, please seriously consider donating to the defense of Sean B. to help offset the costs of his defense so the CGF can remain on the offensive.

Also, If you aren't a Marine on the 4th of July 7 days after the Heller decision, please think twice about open carrying unloaded at this time (It's too bad he wasn't delivering an apple pie to his grandmother.) The Calguns Foundation can not, for example, defend folks against a school zone charge. Also please make sure you've checked the municipal and county ordinances of the area in which you plan on open carrying.

As always, two important disclaimers.

First, The Calguns Foundation is in the process of applying for its tax exemption. Should it receive that exemption (and it expects to), your donation will be retroactively tax deductible.

Second, The Calguns Foundation is not your personal insurance carrier. There is no guarantee that we can or will defend any given situation, so you are thus always proceeding at your own risk. Please keep that in mind as we strongly prefer to not have to defend another open carry unloaded case until after incorporation.

Finally, please don't speculate on the details of this incident in this or other threads (even on other forums) as it serves no purpose, and may actually harm the case. Suffice it to say, there are some extra items about this case that make it more interesting for our side.

-Gene Hoffman
Chairman
The Calguns Foundation

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

I have applied fundage to this cause. I hope that this does lay to rest the misconceptionthat a loaded magazine possessedunattached withan unloaded firearm is not the equivalent to a loaded weapon.

cato

imported post

I hope he is convicted so we get a 12031 case. :uhoh: JK :lol: (maybe:what:) :dude:

However, it's good to see CGF on the side of OC.

cato

imported post

Step up for this Marine!!!

A double your moneychallenge has been made:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=110805&page=2

Ready to Take a Ride in the Cash Cab?....here are the rules...

I am getting pretty flush right now as we get ready to roll on a big project...and I have some...shall we say - discretionary reserves...

Challenge: Match It

I have an EXTRA 500 bucks - match it and we send a single large to the leatherneck...

Of course I trust the integrity of the Calgunners...a simple post with the amount is enough for me...dont need screen shots or confirmations...

Ready to to take a ride in the Cash Cab?

CW

When matched of course i will post a confirming screen shot of my clam bucket going out...so buck up and put up...A UNITED STATES MARINE NEEDS OUR HELP....