• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spreading the word

samdavisrises

imported post

I went to Ukrops supermarket on Forest Hill Ave. in Richmond to pick up some supplies today. On the way out, a bagger accompanied me to the car. He was a young black man, probably 15 years of age. Noticing my 1911 he complimented me on it, saying it was quite large. He then asked if I was on my way to a costume party. I replied that no, it was a real gun. Why would anyone bother carrying a fake gun? He hadn't known that anyone over 18 could carry. As he left after helping me unload the cart, he told me it was pretty cool that I carried. There is hope for the future....maybe Danbus will get some company.

And no...I don't require a costume to be badass :dude:

danbus

imported post

samdavisrises wrote:
I went to Ukrops supermarket on Forest Hill Ave. in Richmond to pick up some supplies today. On the way out, a bagger accompanied me to the car. He was a young black man, probably 15 years of age. Noticing my 1911 he complimented me on it, saying it was quite large. He then asked if I was on my way to a costume party. I replied that no, it was a real gun. Why would anyone bother carrying a fake gun? He hadn't known that anyone over 18 could carry. As he left after helping me unload the cart, he told me it was pretty cool that I carried. There is hope for the future....maybe Danbus will get some company.

lol

Harper1227

imported post

samdavisrises wrote:

I am amazed at how many times i get asked that question. is it real? of course its real. i know most people arent used to seeing guns while they're out and about but really, what would be the point? i think maybe it's just a comforting feeling for some people to believe it may be fake.

Neplusultra

imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
samdavisrises wrote:

I am amazed at how many times i get asked that question. is it real? of course its real. i know most people arent used to seeing guns while they're out and about but really, what would be the point? i think maybe it's just a comforting feeling for some people to believe it may be fake.
Or they're just so shocked and/or it's such an unusual sight that they have a hard time believing it. A *good* guy with a gun! Come on....

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
I am amazed at how many times i get asked that question. is it real?

How about"No of course it is not real. It shoots bullets. I could not find one that shoots real paint balls that I liked." Or the classic, "Yes, and so is the gun."

casullshooter

imported post

I had a teenage girl ask me "Is that a gun?!" I replied no it is a new cell phone that LOOKS like a gun. She says "Oh Cool' then walks away. My 12 yr. old daughter looks at me and says "I hope she doesn't have a Drivers License":cool:

Neplusultra

imported post

casullshooter wrote:
I had a teenage girl ask me "Is that a gun?!" I replied no it is a new cell phone that LOOKS like a gun. She says "Oh Cool' then walks away. My 12 yr. old daughter looks at me and says "I hope she doesn't have a Drivers License":cool:
You Sir, win the first out loud laugh of the day award :^)!

You should have added;

Yea, would you like to use it to call a friend? "Could I!!?" Well, actually if I take it out of it's holster to make a call that would be called "brandishing" and that's illegal. So I guess I can't let you do that...... "Oh, really......"

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

casullshooter wrote:
:lol: :celebrate

EFB16ACRX

imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Here, let me show you how it works!!

Her: wheres the buttons?

You: its only got one, you take it, put it against your head, and pull that hooky looking thing.

Her: oh coo-BANG.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

EFB16ACRX wrote:
Here, let me show you how it works!!

Her: wheres the buttons?

You: its only got one, you take it, put it against your head, and pull that hooky looking thing.

Her: oh coo-BANG.

Wern't we all a little slow at one time or another in our lives? This may have been a perfect conversion from idiocy to gun advocate.

Why not offer her (and depending on age, her parent(s)) a trip to the range?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
casullshooter wrote:
:lol: :celebrate

I've found the kids that work there, black or white, are a little sheltered. They seem like nice kids though.